Chapter 30: Clueless

Lucy strided along the woods with massive trees, which shaded her from the heat of the sun. She already reached the island's winery and from there, the sight of a young woman stood out, as she brought a couple of wine bottles to a tall larder.
The celestial mage only stationed at the door, carefully observing Itoria, and waiting for her to acknowledge her presence.
Thereafter, Itoria saw Lucy reclining on one side of the door, and she greeted her.
"Oh, Luna, there you are. Hope you're now good." The woman's lack of detachment only made Lucy's suspicions grow. It's as if, she anticipated already that she would come and ask questions. Then, without hesitation, she initiated.

"You already know me, don't you?... I mean you know where I came from and why I am here."

Itoria only nodded. She was now looking apologetic. But, as to her, she was only sorry for what she said to Juvia.

"So, tell me. Whose mole are you?" Lucy's tone was a bit harsh. One of her hands glowed, as if ready to strike in case the other person would start to act aggressively.

"Oh... No, soror. You must know I do not wish for us to fight. You are insulting our friendship." Itoria uttered, with a pleading tone. She barely recognized the woman in front of her.

Seemingly, Lucy and Itoria had previously bonded when Lameria chose winemaking as a part of her training. At first, she was confused how such task would be necessary for the mission. However, as she proceeded with the training along with Lameria, she realized, the task was not about the production of wine itself, rather it was with the way of the words, on how to make connection to other people even those you hardly know. That moment, she had learned some things about Itoria. She have come to know why she became the wine master of the island and how much she loved her job.
At the same time, Itoria realized how gentle and kind could Lucy be. Initially, she saw the woman as rigid, and always focused on her trainings. But that moment, she learned how Lucy truly treasures those special to her, especially, the man whom she had exchanged her vows with. That is why, when Juvia blatantly declared her feelings towards the man, the wine master empathized with the blonde mage, and told the drunken woman to stay away from someone else's man.

As of the moment, Lucy wanted to back down. She already considered Itoria as one of her friends, and fighting her would be emotionally difficult. Yet, she still needed to find out the truth from her, so she still held the glow in her hand.

"Itoria, tell me why you have you come to know our real names, otherwise, I will have to pounce you with this."
Itoria was confused, she wanted to tell Lucy the truth, but like her, she is being on a mission, as well. She was assigned by the person who's important to her.

"I am a messenger, Luna. Just the same as you are, I am on a mission too. But, I meant no harm. Just believe me." Itoria continued with her pleading. She prepared for Lucy to give a blow yet, the other woman had not yet done anything.

"But, to whom do you work for?! "
Lucy had now sounded demanding. She had made the glow from her hand disappear, but she changed into a combat position. But, Itoria did not answer anymore, she only bowed even more, and anticipated Lucy's attack, when suddenly, a presence of a woman was recognized by the two.

"She worked for me, Luna... "