Chapter 20: Resolution

The young woman was standing on the cliff. She was just an inch or two at its edge, yet this did not falter her, for she had only closed her eyes and felt what her own senses could grasp from the surroundings. Then, in a while, she lifted one of her feet. From a certain view, it was like a woman was about to fall from the cliff, yet, in reality, she was about to jump off towards a certain direction.
Lucy breathe in the air that swept through her face when she jumped. She closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them to see her direction. Her blonde hair that was longer than before swayed backwards, violently, amidst the strong wind. She had almost landed on a particular portion of a ravine when suddenly a strong arm caught her by the hand. The blonde was now dangling with her fiercest spirit, the lion. His hand was grasping a rod, which somehow came from the spirit world, and had pierced among the rocks to hold them both.

"Loke! Just how many times I've told you not to save me while I'm training." The master complained, she was a little irritated of her spirit's overprotective instinct.

"Oh beautiful, I couldn't help it. Your strong aura had been reaching closer to me that I could easily sense what's going on with you." The spirit sweatdropped, after all, who would want to see an angry celestial mage.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's get out of here."

The two had now strided along the woods filled with humongous trees, wild plants and animals. Lucy was a bit ahead of her friend who was watching her from behind, hiding his feelings of wonder and fondness towards the person in front. He was amazed of Lucy's growth, and had gained more respect of her determination. For day after day, month after month of training with Lameria, his dear friend had become stronger than ever. Back then, at Fiore she would hate to walk in such a long distance and would complain of climbing mountains and elevated places. Loke especially recalled how she would complain of missing her apartment and getting a bathe as soon as she arrives from a certain mission. Yet, he had never heard or seen such side of her these past few months. Although, he knew she was still being the Lucy she had known of, but, somehow he felt that she was being too hard on herself. A Lucy who had become too much resolved...

"What's the matter lover boy, couldn't keep up?"

Loke's thoughts had now become interrupted by Lucy's challenging words. He was a bit surprised when he looked at her with a cute smirk on her face. One of her browse raised, as if she was poking fun at his slowness.
Lucy's words matched her expression. It was the first time seeing her that way, and he was somehow glad.

"I take that as a challenge, what d'ya think, till we reach the riverside?" He gave a cocky response, to which the lady giddily accepted.

"Bring it on lion king!"

With that, Lucy and Loke had a friendly competition. As to the latter, he took it as a game between friends, yet, as to Lucy, it was a way to train her speed and endurance.