Chapter 15: Arakani, the Forest of Festivals

The boat had begun to slow down, when Lameria had let someone call out Lucy and Gray to inform them that they had now arrived. The two mages were told to meet her at the boat's exit, where a balcony was being also situated. Upon their assembly, Lameria told them to get themselves ready, as they were about to dock at a certain port.
An hour after, the three were already standing in the middle of a clearing. In front of them was a huge fountain with a tall sculpture of a woman. It actually reminded Lucy of Aquarius, except that the sculpture's face was calmed and gentle, a total opposite of her grumpy celestial spirit. At the same time, the mage noticed the familiarity of the woman.
"That's Aphrodite, isn't it?" She queried.

"Indeed. She is the embodiment of love, it's only right to place a statue of her in Arakani, the island of love."
Lameria answered her while moving towards the fountain. She got something from her hand, that resembled a coin and instantly tossed them into the fountain's water.

"So, this is called the island of love, why haven't I heard of it until now?"
Lucy was stunned at the kingdom's mystery. It had so many secrets, she didn't know what to think of it, and it scared her a little.
"We're on the same boat, Luce. I haven't heard of this place, until Lameria showed it to us through a map." Gray gave her a comforting look, somehow telling her indirectly that they got each others' back. It seemed to Lucy that the ice mage had now been sensitive towards her feelings. She guessed that, this is one of his ways to prove to her that he's serious when he said he wants them to be partners.
She only responded with a smile.
Then, they heard a vibrating sound.
"We're here." Lameria announced, before she went to the fountain and submerged her feet on the water. Along with the vibrating sound, the fountain's sculpture moved 360 degrees upwards. It went around 20 feet high, and right then, a staircase had emerged from the sculpture's lower back.
The water from where Lameria had stepped on had been gone and replaced by the emerging staircase, and suddenly from 20 feet, the sculpture went higher.
Lameria was now at the top of a staircase that's nearly 27 feet. She gestured herself to make the mages climbed up the stairs and follow her.
When they were already at the top with her, Lameria tossed a coin once again. Suddenly, the staircase separated itself from the sculpture. Gray and Lucy thought it had collapsed, but then, the staircase instantly went downwards in a circular motion. This frightened Lucy, causing her to lose her balance, and only for Gray to get hold of her. The movement went downward spiral in a speedy motion, until the three of them vanished. It was like they had been swallowed by the ground.

Underneath, the stairs had turned into a single, tubular slide. They had been tossed upside down that both mages felt nauseous. Gray was worse, since he literally turned green and now, for the first time, he understood how Natsu must have felt every time they are on a transportation. Lameria still remained unaffected. She got hold of her staff in a steady balance while consistently closing her eyes.
When Lucy and Gray seemed to think that they couldn't take anymore, they had already reached their destination. They suddenly popped out of a crystal clear lake. They instantly moved towards a forestland until they reached another vast clearing.
Their surroundings gave a tranquil feeling. Lucy almost wanted to sleep, and Gray fought the urge to sitback and relax. However, Lameria, who had been used to the place remained blase.
"Now, remember your pseudonyms, Lucy, you're Luna. Gray, you're..."

"Raven.." Gray interrupted. "We're not Fairy tail wizards, and we're just tourists who have been madly and deeply in love with each other." The ice mage continued. Lucy blushed upon the words 'deeply in love', but soon after, she managed to appear nonchalant about it.

Lameria only nodded, pleased that the two have been truly cooperative with this mission.
"Good... Yet, one more thing. These people know me, so having an everyday training wouldn't be a bothersome to them. We will have it at dawn, before sunrise. Don't be late..."
"Got it." Gray responded.
Lucy, on the other hand was reluctant. She has been used to waking up early, but doing it at dawn, wasn't just her way. Yet, somehow, she gave a slight nod.
"They're coming..." Lameria silently broke off...

Loud, vibrant, high-spirited. Lucy couldn't describe enough words to express what she saw. It was like being on a festival. There were people scampering towards them, while dancing on their way. At first, somebody entered with a raucous howling, and the two mages thought they were about to get seized. But, as soon as they saw the alacrity on their faces, they sighed in relief. Lameria seemed to get subdued. She unusually gave the presenters a little smile of appreciation.
The three continued to watch the presentation. Gray and Lucy had now realized that these people were the villagers of Arakani.
Kanians, as these people like to call themselves, were dancing cheerfully. The girls held a large, colorful fan, and they delicately tossed it up and down everytime the males approach them. Meanwhile, the latter moved with agile. Each of them came to his own female pair, and as soon as the female tossed the fan, the male sprinted gracefully towards the fan's direction. Other than that, there were people on the back, holding colorful banners with them. Lucy noticed an infinity symbol, with a particular flower on each of its loop. The villagers' presentation was spectacular to watch, and it ended with a huge bonfire being lit at the center. All of them danced around that fire. This time, there were no particular steps in their dance, and the three were dragged along to join them. For Gray, this moment had gave him a relief. He was happy to see Lucy smiling, too, and Lameria, whose expression toned down a little from being serious.
When the dance ended, a woman soon appeared in front of the bonfire. She had a body like of Porlyusica, but with a face that's a lot younger. She had an aura of elegance that people won't go unnoticed. When silenced had transpired around the island, she faced Lucy and Gray.
"Gratissimum, erastes... Ego sum, Gyna, megalysteros autem Arakani."
Lameria bowed, and the two mages immitated her motion. The woman noticed the bewilderment from the mages' faces.
"Pahden (pardon) me, I em not use to speak visiters' wahds. .. What I meant was that, I welcem you lovahs he'r (here) in Arakani. I am Gyna, the eldeh o'dis island."
The woman, whose name is Gyna made a self-introduction. She spoke Arakanian, and it was difficult for her to speak the way Lucy and Gray do. She referred other languages different from Arakanian as visitors' words. Gyna was the elder of Arakani. Gray's eyes bulged upon the mention of elder. Somehow, Gyna was too young to be an elderly. He thought of Makarov and Porlyusica's wrinkles and wondered, they should learn from Gyna in terms of wrinkle management.
Gyna, along with the three were still on the wide opening inside the forestland. The villagers had still surrounded them, while they were having a conversation. The people listened to them intently, as if they were part of it.
Gyna raised her arm, seeming to give a signal to something.
"Mesanychta, the lovahs facere ut unum... Lameria, nai parakalo. You tell them."
"Will do, Ina" Lameria, drew her hands together in a praying position, and with that, Gyna went back to the direction from where she and her people entered. She gave Lucy and Gray a courteous nod, "Ut benedicat tibi..."
When Gyna moved, her people went along with her, they too presented them with a polite expression, saying, "Ut benedicat tibi..." The mages couldn't respond anything, but smile.
"May I know what they're telling us." The blonde mage cautiously asked Lameria.
"And what did Gyna wanted you to tell us?" Gray instantly second motioned.

"They're all saying,"Bless you... "" Lameria speedily responded. "Now, come. Let's follow them to the enclave."
Together, the three trudged along with the villagers. Lameria had then momentarily stopped to face the two mages. "And by the way, you two are going to get married later, at midnight. That was what Gyna told me..."

As Lameria spoke to them in a blunt manner, Lucy and Gray were left open-mouthed with what they heard.