Not Going Back II

Gray was frustratingly dazed by Lucy's unclear revelation. He moved Lucy and himself to sit on the couch, as he realized that he truly needed to talk her out of this.

"What do you mean? Wait, did you...?"

"When master had announced to us that you and Natsu were missing, he also told us that we aren't allowed to go and find you; not to his knowledge. I figured out, he gave that as a warning since, the entire guild may be at stake, so...
I made a plan to tell master Makarov that I'm leaving Fairy Tail."
Lucy explained to him. She managed to speak boldly. However, to Gray, she was hurting inside. After all, he has known how Lucy loves the guild. In fact, it had become her family and knowing that she had left made him feel sorry for her. He bent a little to meet her gaze.

"Why did you leave, Lu? How did master even take it? Did he allow you to leave in the first place?"

"Not at first. As a matter of fact, he suspected me to go after you and Natsu, but, I told him I'm going back to the mansion. Eventually, he agreed when... I told him, I better off there than staying miserably at Fairy Tail. More than that, it was the plan I made together with Juvia, you know she'd gone emotionally crazy without you.  I'm sor-"

"Wait, you and Juvia were on this?
Where's she now? And what about
Erza? Did she just let you go?"
Gray curiously asked her.

Lucy gently shook her head,
"Juvia wasn't able to come with me. She was supposed to follow me, but I figured that she wouldn't be comfortable being with me and thus, she  might've changed her mind. Erza, on the other hand was off to a mission. She was requested by the magic council. I don't know the details. I thought she would be gone in just a week, but, she wrote master a letter, telling him that she would be staying at the council for at least 7 months." The blonde mage was being perturbed, she stood from her seat, and then went back again. Gray just let her be as he had also tried to comprehend the lady in front of him.
"God, it's just so lonely... And I thought I'm not gonna be left behind anymore after we defeated Zeref."

Lucy sighed in dismay, she slowly moved again to sit on the couch, near the fireplace. She held a stick and unconsciously made swiveling motions among the ashes that were scattered on the bed of firewoods.

"I'm sorry for being such an idiot, and now, I realized how big of a liar I am... Gray, no matter what you say, I'm not coming back at the guild. Unless, if I can make this right.
Do you understand me?"

Lucy pleaded. This time, Gray had somehow sympathized with his friend. After all, they have already gone through a lot, in bad times and in good. With this, he stood up from his seat. He moved closer to her and knelt down in one knee. He sighed a little as he looked closely at Lucy, whose eyes were glued to the ashes on the fireplace.
Then, he gently lifted her chin to meet his gaze. "You shouldn't have done that. You'll make everyone worry. What will Natsu say 'bout you leaving Fairy Tail?..."
After a short while, Gray had held both of her hands to his. Somehow, he felt that there is a part that was just not right. Makarov, their master is not stupid to believe in such a lie, and if he knows the truth, he wouldn't just allow Lucy to leave all by herself. What really happened back in the guild is something that he, himself needed to find out. Although, as of now, it would be rude to ask Lucy with her state, being depressed and all that. He chose not to speak anything about it, at least, for now...

 "Fine... I won't let you leave." He had noticed her expression got brightened when he said this.

"Thank you, Gr-" She began to speak when he had interjected, while he hoisted from his position. His arms were now crossed against his chest, as he heightened himself over Lucy.

"Although... There are conditions Lucy, and I need you to listen carefully..." He gave her a serious tone. It's as if he spoke authority in him.

"What condition?..." She replied, and this time, she seemed to have a cheerful aura in her.
Gray wasn't surprised by this attitude of Lucy. He had known her long enough to notice how she can be so enthusiastic at times, and he'd rather want to see her like this.

He made a tiny grin before he began to say,

"Marry me..."

*******
Hey there! I decided to edit this chapter. I've noticed some typos and I know there are still more, esp. grammatical errors. Forgive me for that. 😅
Anyway, pls. Enjoy reading this chapter again, and hope you'll still be reading the new ones that I'm going to make.
Stay tuned, friends!😊