Episode 3: Friends, Foes, and a New Sensei!

Izumi decided to accompany Naruto home to get to know her new squad member because she felt awful for him.

Before heading to Naruto's house, she had asked Choji to assist her in purchasing some ramen bowls and cups for her and Naruto at the grocery store. She had no money, so Choji and Shikamaru helped her in finding employment so she could pay for the necessities.

"Hey, Izumi, can I have the rest of it?" Gripping his chopsticks and casting hopeful glances at Izumi, Naruto pleaded.

The blonde had anticipated Naruto's voracious hunger, but she was hoping to hold onto some for later. Nevertheless, Izumi gave in when he made an almost cartoonish plea with his eyes.

Thinking back to the preceding incidents, Izumi went home with Naruto the day before and discovered why he was constantly rushing to the restroom.

Either he ate food that had gone bad or he wasn't lactose intolerant, which is why it happened. More specifically, it was because of the latter.

"Do you have any family around, Izumi?" With his mouth full of noodles, Naruto asked.

Izumi's expression softened into a sorrowful grin. "No... It's just me out here..."

At her remarks, Naruto's eyes grew wide. "Really? Are you an orphan too, then?"

Izumi gave a nod.

Naruto, still dumbfounded, finished his noodles and took in her reaction before standing up and stumbling toward her.

"What are you doing?" The blonde became a little weary.

Naruto raised his hands in submission. "Calm down! I just wanted to hug you."

"Oh, well, you could've just said so.." Izumi cocked her head to the left a little.

The young man shrugged. "I know. In any case, I wanted to make it a surprise." When he was done, he hugged Izumi and put his arms over her upper body.

But it was more than a simple hug. The loneliness that only Izumi and Naruto shared was present in this hug.

The moment passed, and the atmosphere grew more relaxed as Izumi gave her back the gesture. From that point on, both children realized that despite their hardships, they would grow closer.

Izumi decided to spend breakfast and dinner with him in her apartment today after they spoke for a bit.

She did, however, underestimate his hunger. It was better than eating alone all the time, even though it seemed a little more chaotic than normal for her. She experienced loneliness. Most of the time, Naruto's loud mouth caused her to forget about it. She therefore had no complaints.

Even though Izumi made a point of being punctual, that day she arrived early. Probably since today was their sensei's appointment.

Upon completing of their breakfast and entering the classroom, they discovered that the teams would have to wait for their new teachers to pick them up.

Gradually, Naruto's patience wore thin, and at last, he peered out of the classroom, hoping to catch a fleeting glimpse of the teacher.

"Naruto, sit down!" Sakura chastised.

"I don't wanna! Why is our teacher the only one who is running late? I'm ready to roll, believe it!" Naruto replied, "The other groups already met their new teacher and took off on some adventure or something and Iruka sensei's gone too!"

" I understand that our sensei is running late, Naruto, but you shouldn't pull pranks on a teacher." Izumi let out a sigh and peered at the door, hoping their teacher would show up soon.