Episode 28: The Chunnin Exams: Shikamaru vs. Temari!

Shikamaru vs. Temari

Temari flicked her large fan and waited for her opponent to come forward.

A lot of garbage was thrown at him, but he didn't care.

'Everyone wants to watch Sasuke battle. They're undoubtedly irritated because, after all this waiting, they have to see this pitiful excuse for a match between the three side acts.' Shikamaru sighed in his mind. 'There is no use in fighting this fight because no one cares about it.'

"What, are you going to give up so soon?" Temari hinted with a smirk.

"Ugh. A girl again... Of course." His gaze focused on her upside down.

"C'mon, Shikamaru! Don't let her get you!" Izumi yelled to him.

Temari began charging at him and yelled. "If you won't come, then I will."

"Hey! I haven't started the match yet!!" The referee increased his voice, but she ignored him, just raising her fan to assault Shikamaru.

He dodged it by standing up quickly. "Can't have a guy lose to a girl. So, I suppose I'll do it."

"That's it, Shikamaru! Go get them!" Izumi cheered.

Hearing Izumi's encouragement, he saw Temari whisk the fan with great force through the air.

She smirked in thought as she observed him leave to go hide. 'Hah! He excels at fleeing! Even yet, a guy can't just go around striking women.'

Ino let out a yell of excitement. "Break her up!!! Shikamaru! Get her with a 16-hit combination!"

"Huh? Wasn't Sasuke's match meant to come next?" Choji questioned.

"It was..... He might arrive here, eventually," she went on to say.

"Hmm. However, Shikamaru needs to go to the finals. It looks rather out of place, doesn't it?" Choji remarked.

"Do not say that! Sure, he doesn't have any specific techniques, but he is extremely good at developing plans, right? I have a feeling that's how we made it through the last preliminary rounds, you know!" As Ino pointed out.

"I guess, but he'll probably resign soon anyway. I am telling you, he is going to give up. He feels like things are such a hassle," Choji commented playfully.

"And I'm saying he won't!" Ino argued and continued. Just now, he hopped down into the ring on his own, so he seemed exceptionally eager to leave. He gets quite serious about some things!" She raised her arm and cheered on. "Go! Shikamaru!"

His name was called loudly, causing him to focus completely on them. He smirked and determined to seize the opportunity. "I suppose things aren't going to be that simple."

"Ugh. What is he doing with that silly expression on his face? "Is he making fun of me?" Temari contemplated, feeling threatened. She then utilized her Ninja Art: Wind Scythe technique, which slices the trees with a strong breeze.

She saw the shadow was moving towards her. But she quickly stepped back and drew a line. "Nearly got me. Aren't you clever..." She replied sarcastically.

Temari paused before saying, "With that jutsu, you can alter any shadow you're in. The wall shadow, for example, but is there a limit? No matter how thin you stretch, it will not extend that far. Isn't that correct?"

Shikamaru sighed out and acknowledged. "Well, you got me."

Temari made an observation about his technique, 'Based on the distance from where he assaulted with his shadow to the furthest point. The shadow cast by the stadium wall will stretch. Consider the likelihood that he will use the stadium's shadow to extend his own. In other words, after reducing the wall's shadow from the distance to the point, he can attack with his shadow.'