Episode 37: Trouble Lurking-The Search for the Sannin!

The Third Hokage had died in combat against Orochimaru, giving his life to preserve the town. Konoha residents lamented his death and held a memorial event to celebrate his legacy.

With their leader gone, the village was vulnerable and needed a new Hokage to lead them forward.

Similarly, the Hidden Sand community faced its own crises, looking for a new leader to guide them through the difficult times.

The destiny of both villages hung in the balance as their people debated who would up to the challenge.

On a crisp Saturday morning, Izumi was going about her usual routine when she heard a knock on the Nara family's door. Everyone else was out of the house so it was just her.

Setting aside her coffee, she raced to respond, intrigued by the unexpected visitor. Opening the door, she was surprised to see Naruto and Jiraiya standing before her.

Her eyes widened in surprise at their appearance. "Hey, Izumi! We need to talk with you!" Naruto exclaimed with his customary passion.

"Me?," Izumi inquired, her mind racing to figure out why they were there.

She then recognized Jiraiya, a legendary character she admired. "Master Jiraiya! I apologize for any disturbance. Please forgive my impoliteness," she added, bowing politely.

Jiraiya returned the bow with a calm, serene expression. "There's no need to apologize. We sincerely appreciate your hospitality. If you don't mind, we would want to talk. May we come in?" he said gently.

"Of course! Please come inside," Izumi spoke, stepping aside to welcome them into the Nara family's home.

Naruto and Jiraiya sank upon stools at the kitchen island, selecting comfortable positions.

Izumi took some coffee creamer from the fridge and poured it into her cup before putting it back.

With her coffee in hand, she turned to her guests, "Alright, so what's the rush? I am presuming you need something from me."

Naruto excitedly jumped in, nodding to corroborate her notion. "Yep!"

Jiraiya paused to gather his thoughts before speaking. "That is correct. As you are aware, the Third Hokage passed away..."

Izumi nodded seriously, her mood changing from melancholy to peaceful despair. "Yes, his demise was a great loss for the village. He waged a brave battle against Orochimaru. Even with the Death Seal Jutsu, Orochimaru's power was tremendous..."

Naruto remained silent, aware of the gravity of the situation.

Jiraiya nodded in agreement. "Shikaku Nara filled me in on what you endured at the hands of Orochimaru, and I deeply regret not being able to protect you from such a terrible ordeal."

Izumi shook her head, a slight smile forming. "It's okay, sir. That experience shaped who I am now. But, returning to the topic at hand, I guess you're here because the village requires a new Hokage?"

"Mmm... That's correct. We need you to come with us to help bring our contender back," Jiraiya eventually stated.

Izumi sipped her coffee, her interest peaked. "And who exactly is this contender?"

"Well, although you're only a Chunnin, and she's a... well... a Sannin like me..." Jiraiya hesitated.

Naruto's eyes bulged out of his skull, and Izumi almost choked on her coffee. "You mean there's another Sannin?" they both exclaimed simultaneously.

Jiraiya chuckled at their shock. "Actually, there are two more Sannin apart from me and Orochimaru..."

Izumi's face furrowed in perplexity, taking another sip of coffee. "So... how do I fit into all of this?"