Episode 30: Pursuit of the Sand Demon!

Baki, on the other hand, was aware that Kabuto Yakushi of the Sound Village had set up an ambush, and both Kages were glancing at each other out of the corner of their eye.

With the snap of an open bottle, the sound of an explosion stunned those who were fully awake, revealing that the invasion had only just begun.

Izumi, who remained still in her position, noted that everyone was under the genjutsu and that an unidentified group of shinobi was attacking the other comrades.

"Release!" She chanted, making the same hand sign as the senseis.

She then looked around noticing that Sakura, Lee, Ino, Choji, and everyone else were under the genjutsu. Even! No. Shikamaru?! This was not good!

Both of the Kages had reached the rooftop of the building where the fourth Kazekage demanded the sound ninjas make a huge rectangular barrier around them to keep him and the third Hokage in. It was known as the purple flame wall, keeping them in a trap.

"This is bad....." Kakashi murmured.

"Nine traitors," Guy exclaimed in dismay.

Meanwhile, "For the sound to betray the leaf, an alliance is merely used as camouflage to cause the opponent to lower his guard. This is the end of these dumb fighting games. And from here, history changes," the Fourth Kazekage quietly told the Third Hokage.

"Do you want to start a war?! We should avoid using force to resolve conflicts and instead negotiate. There is still time, Kazekage," the Third Hokage stated quietly.

The Fourth Kazekage chuckled monotonously. "Heh. Do we become peace-loving fools when we are, Sarutobi-Sensei?"

The name he called made Hiruzen understand it wasn't the Fourth Kazekage, with whom he had been speaking throughout the final rounds.

Now that his fears were confirmed, the Third Hokage needed to devise a plan before the entire community was annihilated.

The referee covered Sasuke in front of him, while Baki, Kankuro, and Temari did the same for the redhead, who was suffering from cerebral side effects.

"It's impossible to proceed right now," Temari remarked.

"So, what are we supposed to do? Do it without him?!" Kankuro questioned in displeasure.

Baki expressed his decision strongly. "Abort the mission. You guys take Gaara and retreat."

"What about you?!" Temari inquired as Kankuro wrapped Gaara's arm around him to pull him up.

"I will join the conflict.  Now, go!!" Baki commanded, and they obeyed his orders, retiring from the arena.

"Is the leader of this party, Orochimaru?" The referee inquired out of curiosity.

"Who knows?" Baki smirked and advised, "Let's just join the fun."

"Hey!! What is going on?!!" Sasuke asked vehemently.

The referee responded. "Sorry, but the chunin exam is over. You go for Gaara and his two companions. You are already at the Chunin level. If you're a leaf shinobi, make yourself useful."

Sasuke paused, then jumped over the arena wall to find them. Kakashi and the others took notice, while the fourth Kazekage complained about Gaara's ineffectiveness.

"Your foolishness has caused the leaf to fall further and further behind... I have won.." He said as he removed his disguise, showing his malicious smile as a symbol of causing misery.

"Heh. It's not over until it is. "I thought I taught you that, Orochimaru." The third Hokage spoke and proceeded, still holding his long-time former student's hand. "I figured this day would come eventually. But you won't get my head easily." He replied deceptively.

"I've told you. You should hurry and select the fifth... because you will perish here, third Hokage!"

Elsewhere, many of the jonins were lined up next to each other on top of the east gate. They were prepared for battle against the Sand and Sound shinobi, who were positioned to assault them.

Kakashi and Guy had fought up the other adversaries nearby after observing what was going on on the roof of the central watchtower.

Meanwhile, Izumi was quietly observing, sensing some powerful chakra from above.

'Izumi! 'Look up!' Leviathan roared in her head.

She did as she was told and saw two elite Sound ninjas poised to jump her. Without any kind of defense, she grabbed a kunai and readied herself for an attack.

Waiting expecting an attack, Izumi became confused. Nothing....came?

She looked up to see a figure just in front of her who had fought off the attack.

"Sorry about that.  Are you alright?," Kakashi sensei's head gazed down at her through the space in his legs, and his eyes squinted, indicating a smile.

Izumi smiled up at him. "Kakashi-sensei! Yeah, I'm okay."

"Good. Now, do me a favor and wake up Naruto and Shikamaru.

"But what about the others?" She inquired, glancing about at Sakura, Ino, Choji, and the rest of her companions.

"Leave them. We do not have time. Furthermore, the more team members are captured, the more difficult it is to remain hidden."

"Yeah, I guess you're right Sensei."

"Izumi, this is your first task in quite a while. Listen carefully, for the first time since the task to the Land of Waves, this is now your A-rank mission," he said as he cut off the sound of a ninja hurdling towards them.

"Sensei! You can't possibly-" Izumi protested, but was cut off.

"Sasuke is pursuing Gaara and his siblings. Do not worry about us. Just go wake up Naruto and Shikamaru and track them down," he urged.

"Pakkun will be able to track Sasuke down by his scent." The small puppy hopped close to Izumi's face, saying.

"Hey, Missy. Don't call me a cute little puppy, okay?"

"But I never said cute," Izumi sweatdropped in her mind as they quickly sneaked up and nullified Naruto and Shikamaru's genjutsu with a light smack on the blonde's back.

She paused for a while, realizing that Shikamaru had been awake since the beginning, much to her annoyance.

Pakkun gnawed his ankle to get him to move, causing him to scream.

"Shikamaru?! You were able to deflect it. Why did you pretend to be asleep?!" Izumi was upset.

"Bah! I did not want to get involved.  Who cares about Sasuke anyway?," He remarked this while pinching Pakkun's cheeks after another bite from him. "Ouch!"

"Well, to be honest, I don't care much about him. We still have to follow commands, though."

Naruto, who had finally awoken, inquired in puzzlement, "What's going on here?" Izumi shouted out in caution, unaware that a Sound ninja was following her.

Fortunately, Guy arrived to confront him with a massive blow-up punch to the wall, bursting through it. Kakashi reappeared and reiterated the mission.

"All right, get through that hole and pursue after Sasuke. Join forces with him and stop him. Then take him somewhere to a safer spot," he said severely.

"What happened to him?" Naruto inquired worriedly.

"I will explain on the way! Come on!" Izumi instantly grabbed his arm and pulled him into the wide-open hole, along with Shikamaru and Pakkun, leaving Kakashi and Guy to fight off the remaining decoys.