𝟢𝟦

After Miles made an awful attempt at making a natural fire without his technology eventually Lei'wa took over. He sat on the floor like a lost puppy as she climbed the trees, coming down with fruits in her arms.

She placed them on the side next to the fire on a leaf. The sun was beginning the set, it was nearly eclipse and the nocturnal animals were coming out.

"Knife," she ordered, taking the dagger from Miles, she pulled the leaf with the fish towards her. She sliced the head and tail off in a quick motion, throwing them into the fire.

"Hand me the stick" snatching the stick from his hands and sticking it through the fish, "grill it while I skin the fruit" she said, dusting her hands and began to peel the fruits skin with the knife.

Miles sat there with a bored expression as he rotated the fish on the fire.

She sliced the fruit in half and wrapped them in the leaf, "are you finished?" She asked, startling the man.

"Dont burn it," she hissed, pulling his arm and using the knife to slide it onto another leaf, cutting it in half. She moved the second half onto another leave and pushed it towards him, "eat," she blew on her portion to cool it before picking it up and biting into it.

Miles just stared at his fish, "Are you going to eat our what?" Lei'wa asked, looking at him, "Without utensils?" He wondered, looking down at her.

"What utensils do you see here? Eat or starve," she mumbled, returning back to her meal.

He eventually shrugged and held up the fish up to his lips, taking a small bite from the flesh. His pupils dilated at the taste as he began to take larger bites, finishing the fish within a matter of seconds, all that was left of the animals were its bones.

She took the last bite of her meal and tossed the bone into the fire, "Throw it in," she said, pointing at the fire with her head.

He tossed it lightly and watched at the fire crackled at the newly added fuel. She took one of the half fruits that was wrapped and handed it to him, he held it with narrow eyes, sniffing it and poking at the flesh.

"It's not poisonous, calm yourself," she said in annoyance, taking a bite of the fruit.

He hesitated but eventually took a bite, enjoying the sweetness.

They sat in silence, all you could hear were the sounds of them eating the fruit and the crackling of the fire.

Miles grew tired of the silence and turned to her, "When do I get to tame one of those things? The ekron or whatever," he asked looking at her for an answer.

She laughed lightly at his pronunciation, "Your Na'vi needs work," she crumbled her leaf wrap and threw it into the fire, "to tame an Ikran," she enunciated the pronunciation of the word, "you must first learn the Na'vi way, our language, our hunting styles. There is a lot to learn before you can complete Iknimaya to become a fully fledged warrior." She said, before looking at him in his eyes, "and becoming one if the people," she looked at him, her eyes piercing into his own.

"One of the people," he said, his gaze was soft, "but don't they need to like me?" He asked, his ears bending down slightly.

"Yes, but I have my own plans for this," she simply said, before standing up. She began to put out the fire, saying nothing.