𝟣𝟩

Lei'wa couldnt look at Miles, her insides churned at the thought if him. Eywa was wrong, this man, who she had mated with, was horrible, he was not kind, not as a human and definitely not as a Na'vi. Regret was instantly instilled in her. She was mated to this man, she had promised herself to him.

Tarsem finished knotting his arms above his head. Miles was trying to slip out, wanting to run into Lei'wa's arms and hold her, tell her they were wrong, that he had a kind heart. He was tied by the edge if the cliff so he tried to be a little careful.

Her eyes never met his. His heart broke piece by piece as she turned away.

Norm came running up, "everyone! Activity incoming!" He yelled, "Run!" Fear immediately running through the clan's veins.

A large helicopter-like vehicle appeared from above the mountain.

People yipped for their Ikran's pulling their children up with them and taking off the side of the cliff while others climbed down the vines, trying to get away.

Lei'wa looked back at Miles, a sad look in her eyes before calling for Aiko, jumping off the side of the cliff. Miles watched as she flew away after her clan members as sky people began to blow up the rock. Miles was there, laid on the side of the rock, his hands bound, trying to wriggle himself free.

Lyle flew down on a slightly smaller helicopter to his level, "hey Bossman," he smiled, trying to get close to him. Miles hissed aggressively, this man betrayed him, he needed to gain Lei'wa's trust back. She was his mate, the love of his life.

Lyle looked taken aback, "what, are you one of those blue monkeys now or something?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

Miles showed off his fangs, "Leave." He hissed as he continued to try free himself but to no avail.

"Whatever, Blow 'em up," Lyle ordered, now that Miles was no longer in command, it was Lyle's turn. After years of being in his shadow, it was finally his time to shine.

A large shot was fired at the mountain, creating a small crater. This was it, Miles was going to die alone, in a blazing cave.

Or so he thought.

Ma'eve grew fond of the boy over the months. He was polite, even with his background. She was on her Ikran, flying side by side with Koro. She shook her head and directed her Ikran back.

"Ma'eve! Where are you going?" Koro yelled after her, looking back, "Go! I will find you!" She yelled back, urging her Ikran towards the home that the clan once resided in.

She saw the crater that was formed in the rock, she began to panic. She asked her Ikran to fly faster. As her animal neared the edge of the cliff where Miles was tied up, she jumped off her Ikran and onto the edge. She took out her dagger and began to cut the rope. Miles looked at her, a thankful look in his eyes, "Miles, if you are one of us, help us, please, we are at the Tree of Souls," she pleaded, "Move!" She yelled, yipping for her Ikran before diving off the cliff, clutching her side, Miles watched her fly away.

He stood up, another shot hit the rock, making it shake, the roof began to crumble, pieces of rock hitting his head.

"Shit," he hissed, yelling out for his Ikran, he saw her soar underneath and he took his chances, jumping from the edge.

He closed his eyes, praying that she would catch him. He began to fall, waiting for his Ikran.

He opened his eyes, still falling down, this was it, he was going to die, not in that flaming rock that was falling apart. This. This was how he was going to die, still alone, free falling from hundreds of feet in the sky.

He closed his eyes, ready to accept his fate when he landed on something. Cupcake.

"Yes! Yes, you wonderful creature," he whooped, wrapping his arms around the animals neck as they flew away from the scene. He created the Tsaheylu, taking control.

He knew he wasn't welcome at the tree of souls where the clan resided. He had to make a big gesture. He landed on the grass, Cupcake sitting there as he leaned against her, caressing her neck.

"What am I supposed to do," he groaned, a deep sigh escaping his throat.

Lei'wa was quiet. She did not speak or interact with no one. She was feeling too many emotions at once. Her eyes were tired, her face tense. No one approached her out of fear that she'd rip their head off.

Her mate, the one she promised herself to for years to come, betrayed her within a matter of hours.

She saw her mother land on the wall and jump off to meet her, her arm still wrapped around her side.

"My baby," Ma'eve cooed, cradling her daughters head, Lei'wa gave no reaction, simply just hugging her mother back.

Ma'eve pulled away, putting a hand on her chest, coughing into her palm. She took her hand away from her mouth to reveal a crimson liquid in her palm.

Lei'wa's eyes widened, "Mama!" She yelled, "help! Help!" She called for someone, holding her mother close to her as she continued to cough up blood.

Miles was sat against his Ikran, listing ideas to which she screeched to.

He groaned in frustration, looking into the forest. He admired the plants, a slight smile on his face, his hands brushing over the grass, taking a deep breath.

A twig snapped, both him and his Ikran were alerted, his eyes darting around the trees. He stood up slowly, getting into a battle stance.

Thats when he made eye contact with a creature he was familiar with. A thanator.

His eyes widened as his Ikran stepped back a bit, letting out a small screech.

Its eyes came into eye contact with Miles' and there he felt his heart drop. How many death encounters is he going to have today?

It became eclipse, the thanator stalked towards him, its mouth opening to reveal its set of fangs.

Miles hissed weakly, backing up slightly, never mind the other moments. He was going to die, now, alone, being ripped apart by a giant cat.

He fumbled with his dagger, holding it at his side as the thanator neared him. He took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself to die.

He didn't move, he accepted his fate. The tip of the thanator's snout touched his stomach. He was about to be torn apart, this is it.

The large cat-like creature turned its head and began to rub Miles' stomach affectionately before finding his hand and pushing its head under his palm. Miles began to pat the creature who silently purred.

What was up with Pandora today?

A/N

Hi everyone! Chapter 17 is here!!!

This story is reaching its climax! A few more chapters left before its complete 🙁

Happy reading 💗💗

UNEDITED