𝟤𝟢

Miles peeked his head over the edge, keeping himself hidden from the village, he watched them walk around solemnly, their heads down as they continued their chores.

The thanator behind, moved to crouch next to him, watching the village as well, curious. It was startled by the sound of someone yelling, "Everybody! Look!" A child said, his four fingered hand pointing at Miles and the Thanator next to him.

"It is the traitor!" One yelled, positioning their arrows, aiming at Miles, the thanator immediately stood in front of him snarling.

"Calm people, calm!" Mo'at yelled, Lei'wa was stood next to her, watching Miles be protected by the thanator. Her eyes widened as Miles patted the thanators head slowly, his eyes searched the crowd for Lei'wa. Her eyes immediately caught his, the two stared into each other's souls.

He gave her a small smile but she turned around with a huff, walking away.

He made the bond with the thanator who brought him into the crator gently, the people of the village backed away cautiously, scared that the animal would snap its jaws at them at any moment.

Miles looked at Lei'wa who had her back turned to him, his eyes didn't leave her back, even when Mo'at put her hand on his shoulder, checking his cheeks for any cuts.

"Palulukan Makto." She said, pulling up his hand, "Palulukan Makto!" She yelled, recieving a chorus of yells in return.

"What is-" he was immediately silenced by Lei'wa  who walking back to Mo'at, a sneer on her face as she pointed accusingly at him, "You're really going to take him back after what he's done?!" She hissed, her ears pointing downwards in anger.

"Lei'wa please-" he tried to talk to her but she ignored him and kept complaining to Mo'at, "My mother is dead because of his people"

The way she said this made his heart twinge in guilt. Ma'eve was dead?

"Shes- shes gone?" He asked, he blinked away tears, looking at Lei'wa who held her head up high as she tried not to cry herself, "yes." She hissed, her eyes narrowed at him.

"I'm so sorry for-" Miles continued to try and apologize, "don't." She said, looking at Mo'at who looked torn, "Lei'wa, he is your mate, you will always find each other," Mo'at reasoned, Lei'wa's ears drooped in realization that he was indeed her mate for life.

She lowered her head slightly to look at him in the eye, her eyes drifting to the thanator who was close to them.

"I need some time to think," she said as she turned to walk away, Miles made a last minute decision and grabbed her arm, pulling her into him, holding her as tightly as he could, hoping she wouldn't pull away, "take as much time as you need," he whispered, kissing her head before loosening his grip.

She turned away, her head turned down while Miles could only pray for the best.

A/N
Hi everyone! I know its been so long since I've properly updated, I've just finished my first set of exams and have a small break!

I hope you enjoy this shortish chapter, im not really proud of it, I think the writing is a bit shitty but its okay!

Thank you for 11k + views this is amazing 💗💗

UNEDITED