Part 13- Love In My Heart

Savannah's POV

The cycle of life is so...mesmerizing.

It's more than life and death. Its how our childhood is so deathly similar to our adulthood- whether disastrous or fruitful. 

The familiar feeling of starting a new life etches into your bones. And the bitter taste of your everything crumbling down on you seeps in like a parasite wrapping around a flower.

Like a lesson being taught, again and again and again. Until you can feel the dread as you walk into the classroom, and the gut wrenching feeling knowing that tomorrow, the terror is going to start fresh.

And even better, how we fall back into our old self destructive patterns. The satisfaction was only short lived, because the cycle would repeat.

You'd retaliate, and you'd suffer.

And retaliate.

And suffer.

Over and over again until you can't count the tears. Until you lost track of the ticking minutes. Until life is passing by you and you can't escape- can't break free from the numbing torture.

It's just circles. Spinning you to your death. Wringing out your life. Sucking out the passion, the will to fight for your dreams. 

The will to live.

It's how the birth of a new relationship, is so similar to the start of an old one. New hopes and dreams, only to have it slap you in the face, stab you in the back, and kick the oxygen out of your lungs.

And how you never have a choice but to leave.

"Did you tell him?" Duncan asked as he finished the last of his whiskey.

"Kirk?" I asked as he nodded; I merely just shook my head.

I didn't know where to start in the first place.

Hell, I didn't think I even registered what was going on. Was it political, was it legal issues, god knows what was going on. 

On one hand we were getting kicked out  by Department of State, and the other we were being called terrorists because we were South African.

And the last thing I bet Kirk understood were legalities or politics.

Duncan sighed, "I'm gonna head home."

And here I was again, alone with my thoughts, listening to L.A Guns in the background.

"Sexy Savvy," I heard a voice echo from behind, "I didn't know you were around here."

I smirked as the same poofy haired guy I seen on tour sat behind me, "Nikki Sixx, right?"

He winked, "Surprised you remember me."

I scoffed, which was more like a laugh, "I'm shocked you remember me." I said, "You were drunker than a fish."

He rolled his eyes before resting his head on his palm, his gorgeous eyes on me, "How could someone forget a face like yours?"

Oh.

Oh damn.

He was flirting. 

I wouldn't mind if I didn't have a Kirk in my heart, but now that I had him, I was definitely not about to cheat. Besides, I doubt Nikki could hold a candle against Kirk.

 He had good looks, that was a certain, but I was willing to bet he didn't have the heart that my boyfriend did.

"Relax, Sixx." I said, "I've got a boyfriend."