Part 22- Eventides

Ok so before you guys read this chapter, I want yall to know that I've stopped undating up till here because I got wrapped up with exams and stuff so it's not gonna be making sense at all. So yeah, I might just tackle it one of the days and then like finish updating the book but I guess you guys can piece together what was going on. Dankiee

"Good morning." I smiled as Kirk sat down next to me, kissing me.

Lately, we've been swamped with work this past week, both bands recording albums, so we haven't seen much of each other. I've also been distant with him (not that it helps now) because of the whole baby situation, I needed some space to get my mind back together and so did him. Kirk decided to meet me at a beautiful botanical garden, with a river running through the park and a gorgeous waterfall. 

"Missed you." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer, as we admired the beautiful scene before us.

"How is she?" He asked, his hand playing with the strands of my hair.

"She?" I asked confused, I was the only 'she' I knew.

"Yea, she." He put his hand on the small bump on my stomach. "It's a girl, I know it. And she's going to be beautiful, just like her mommy."

I couldn't help but let a small chuckle escape between my lips, the thought of a girl scared me because if she's half of what I am she'll be one heck of a hellraiser.

 "And what if it's a boy." I asked, "He'll be a little softie, just like his daddy."

"Nope, it's a girl, I know it for a fact." 

"How is it going to work? When we'll both be touring or in the studio. We barely have time for each other, and with a baby coming along." There had been so many questions plaguing me and I needed answers because somewhere in me wanted to take alternate solutions if you know what I mean. 

He thought for a little while, racking his brains for an answer, "My mom's always here, she'd love a little toddler running around."

I stared at him, astounded by how calm he seemed. Does he even know that the next few years of his life are going to be bombarded by screaming, crying, little child?

"How are you not scared, Kirk? My life is going deurmekaar and you're sitting there like you have everything sorted out."  

He looked at me confused, "Meaning."

"Upside down."

"Oh. Princess, I am scared, I'm nervous. I don't know how to be a husband to you and I'm going to be a father but I have to be strong for you." I hugged him tight, letting out a shaky breath as I absorbed the words he just said.

"When do you want to tell everyone? It's been a couple of weeks." He asked, still not letting me go.

"Who'd you wanna tell?" I asked, kissing his neck softly.

"Just my mom, and then the band." I froze. We never came clean about our half-assed marriage, Kirk wanted to, but I didn't think saying 'Hey mom, this is my wife' would be such a good thing.

"You tell my band I'll tell yours," I suggested. I had a feeling they would go easier on Kirk than they would me.

"And my mom? I was thinking we could tell her together." 

"Hmm take us for lunch and then we'd tell her there," I said, looking at how the sun bounced off his eyes, making them look like melting honey.

"When you wanna tell them?" I brushed my lips against him, needing some physical contact we hadn't had in a while. It wasn't sexual, but merely basking in each other's presence.