Part 17- I've Been Aware

"Huh," Duncan spoke, looking at me with a curious expression.

"What?" I replied quite annoyed.

"You've been sitting there the whole day." 

He wasn't far off; since I woke up I've been sitting on the kitchen counter by the phone all day waiting for Kirk's call, and it's been really, really disappointing because, from five in the morning, I've been waiting down here so I didn't miss it.

"No, I'm sitting on Trevor's ass, the fuck do you think I'm doing?" I replied sarcastically.

"Any time, love." Trevor chimed from the lounge.

"Chill. Although I don't know why the fuck you want to get back with him." Duncan snapped.

"He changed. I know he wants to try." I defended, a tinge of hurt in my voice as his words sunk in.

"We're guys." He responded, "We don't"

"Evidently." I groaned.

 I jumped off the counter and made my way to the cupboard, grabbed a bottle of rum, uncapped it, and chugged a good couple of shots, straight from the bottle. The sting in my throat slowly ebbed away the sadness that overcame me.

"Hey, hey. Don't do that." Duncan scolded, grabbing the bottle from me. "There is still time. Maybe he was just busy."

"I don't know, busy doing what," 

I mumbled and crashed onto the sofa, my head on Trevor's lap as they both comforted me as I slowly drifted off to sleep, a little tipsy as the effects of the alcohol washing over me.

Our sleep was interrupted by the sharp ring of the doorbell echoing through the house.

"Not it." Trevor and Duncan said childishly.

"Fuck you and fuck you," I grumbled and opened the door. 

My heart sank when I saw who was at the door. With flowers and a box of chocolate in each hand, fluffy hair, and the strong smell of his perfume were more than enough to wake up all my senses. I on the other hand was the exact opposite. My hair was all messed up, my makeup smudged and my clothes untidy.

"Kirk?" I groaned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "What're you doing here?"

"Good morning love." He teased "For you." 

He handed me the flowers and chocolate kissing me on my cheek. I was speechless, I couldn't believe what was happening.

"I wanted to take you out. I was going to call you but I wanted to do something special." He explained, his cheeks turning a slight shade of red making my heart flutter.

I let him inside and bolted like lighting upstairs and freshened up. I threw on the first dress I found which was an off-the-shoulder black dress with matching high-heels, topped with deep red lipstick, and left my hair open. I ran downstairs and looked for the guys who were outside sharing a cigar.

Kirk flicked his eyes over my chest, waist, and legs. His perusal wasn't sexual, but that didn't stop my abdomen from tightening as his gaze slid from my shoulders to my stomach and thighs. My sudden arousal was rather embarrassing considering I was a grown-ass woman, not a hormone-riddled schoolgirl. My gaze lingered on the region below his belt.

This was so messed up. He was standing outside with my friends, and I was fantasizing about him fucking me ten ways to Sunday in the middle of a goddamn cabin. I have serious issues.

"You look beautiful." He admired, taking my hand, and bringing me closer, which only tightened the knot in my stomach.

He dipped his head down, his lips brushing my ear, his breath fanning against my neck sending chills down my spine.