Day 2 of Early Pregnancy

I grabbed Takata's hand, and started for the door. Takata walked over to my car, and Simba picked her up. She laughed as he swung her around in the air. I just stood in the doorway, smiling. And then, I felt it. There was a sharp pain in my side, and I cried out in pain.

Simba put Takata down, and rushed over to me. I fell to my knees, restraining my sobs. Takata came running after Simba, crying. My vision blurred as Simba and Takata were running up the driveway.

"Nala!" Simba called. "MOMMY! NOOO!" Takata shrieked.

My vision faded from a fuzzy world to black...

-----------------------------------

I felt my body being lifted onto a stretcher, and suddenly, something was placed onto my face. I couldn't move, but yet, I was seizing. They tried CPR, and I calmed down. 

-----------------------------------

I opened my eyes slightly to see white lights, and I thought I had died. But, they came one after another, so I was safe. I closed my eyes, and faded back into my coma...

-----------------------------------

I woke up a few days later, on a nebulizer, panicking. The doctors came in, and calmed me down. "Nala, you're fine." they reassured me. I took deep, slow breaths, and calmed down. One of the nurses opened the door, and said something out in the hall. Simba, Mom, Dad, Takata, and Scar walked into my room. I smiled when I saw them, and they smiled back sadly. Mom came and hugged me gently, and I winced. She hit my neck, and it was still swollen. "What happened to your neck, Nala?" she asked. I realized I couldn't tell my mother that I let Simba dismantle my neck.

"I don't know. That demon did choke me today..." I said hoarsely. Mother gasped, and looked towards Dad. He walked over to me, and examined my neck. "This isn't a strangulation or burn mark..." he said. He looked over to Scar, growling. I had never heard my Dad growl like this, but I knew he was pissed.

"Dad, it wasn't him..." I said. He looked back to me, astonished. Simba came forward, and sighed. "It was me..."

Dad turned around, shocked and disappointed. "Nala, I thought you would wait..." he said.

"Jahi, you're a little too late. Like, 4 years too late..." Mom said. I understood what she meant, and looked to Simba. 

He came over, and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, weakly, and buried my head into his mane. 

My tail began to move rapidly, and I hadn't even noticed. Simba looked down, then back up. "Nala, what are you excited about?" he smiled. "I... I'm pregnant..." I smiled. Simba just froze for a second, and began kissing me.

We pulled our faces apart, crying tears of joy. "That's wonderful news!" he whispered. I kissed his cheek, crying. Mom and Dad wanted to know what happened, so Simba told them. "You guys are gonna be grandparents..." he smiled. Mom gasped while Dad stood there, dumbfounded.

"Nala, is it true?" Scar asked. "I've had those pains before. So yeah, it's true..." I said.

Suddenly, Malka, Tama, and Kula burst through my door. "Nala, are you alright?" Tama asked. I nodded, and she noticed Simba was listening to my stomach. "Simba, what are ya doin'?" she asked. "Oh, ummm..." he stuttered. "I'm pregnant, Tama..." I smiled...