GRADUATE

Lisa Mishima.

My name was suddenly called. This is it. Nine, Twelve, wherever you are, I hope you're proud of me.

I walk up the stage, and accepted the diploma. I just want this day to get over with. "Lisa, where are your parents?" The dean whispered through my ear. I grit my teeth. I didn't tell my mother about the graduation, because she'll definitely go crazy up here.

"Sorry, it was too crowded."

I looked back and saw Shibazaki-san, his daughter, and his wife up the stage. Why are they here instead? But, their presence filled up what was missing in my heart. A normal family.

I took a picture on stage with them, and went back to my seat. A few speeches later on and the ceremony has ended successfully. I met up with Shibazaki-san and the rest.

"Congratulations Lisa-chan! Welcome to the Outside World!"

"Thank you."

His family was rather pleasant. I feel at home when I'm with them. "Have you decided what to do?" The wife asked me. "I want to be a detective, like Shibazaki-san. And be useful to everyone." I told them.

"Are you sure about it?"

I nodded in reply. I'm sure about this. I'm curious about the criminal world. What do detectives actually go through despite normal people just walking the streets all day safely, without thanking their hardships to drive the dangers away? That would change my views about the world somehow.

And at this rate, I'll be able to repay Nine and Twelve's kindness.

All their sacrifices, their ruined plans, the unexpected twists of fate....

They all happened because of me.

It's time for me now, to thank them. To become someone, not needing any help. I'll finally be that person. I'll no more be a nuisance, and I'll step out of my comfort zone and try something new. Something I'm gonna be proud of.

Nine, Twelve, here I go.

-