FLASHBACK

-5 years ago-

"If there's something you can change in the past, what do you want to change?"

Sensei's question hit me. What if there's something I could do to change the past? I can have a future without any worries later on. If I could change the past, I'd tell my father not to leave us. Or, I'd tell my father not to marry my mother. So I wouldn't have been born at all.

It makes someone think.

There's a chance to change the course of time. If I can grab that chance, I would be living in a parallel world right now. A world that makes me choose another path. I don't have to be bullied. I don't have to belong in my family. I don't have to go through so much pain.

"Lisa, come with us to the pool."

"Okay."

I'd like to think otherwise that I have friends. But even so, I don't have one, so I'm forced to go with people I don't like. They make me do stuff against my will. I can't say opposing words against them, because they have authority over me. Even if they don't really have.

It would be nice if everyone would just go away.

"Come on Lisa, jump~!"

I feel my feet trembling. My whole body was caught up in that moment. I want to get this over it. But, I don't have extra clothes! People will laugh at me if I come back soaking wet. There's so much thinking to do.

"This is taking so long."

I heard one whisper over the other. They pushed me, but I easily regained my balance. I don't want to jump. I want to oppose to everything they say. Because this isn't what I had in mind. My life wasn't meant to exist.

I ruined the whole meaning of 'life'.

"Wow~! I know what this is called! It's bullying right? I have heard of it, but never seen one with my own two eyes!"

I was surprised. I looked back and saw a guy with brown hair and yellow eyes say that. What...? "Nevermind us here!" Shimai-chan from my class said. "I was just gonna swim with my clothes on." I said defending the bullies. It was stupid.

"If that's the case, then-"

He jumped and dived into the pool. He emerged and smiled at us. Most especially at me.

It was a smile on a hot summer day.

I saw another guy with a cold expression who glared at me. Is he someone who this guy knows?

He had it. Those eyes, as cold as ice.

--