SAVE

"Mishima, we're being called."

"Is that so? O-okay."

Under our superior's commands, we have to leave Zero's apartment room already. I wanted to observe him to see his odd behaviors. But if I do that, regardless of my intentions, I'm treating him the same.

Like a test subject.

"We shall take our leave. Thank you for your kind hospitality."

"Good luck on your way home~!"

He surprisingly seems normal now, unlike awhile ago when he showed us what kind of a person he is. Savants huh? I can't exactly grasp the idea of what a Savant is.

We took our leave from his apartment room and went straight to the station. "What should we do about him?" Matsumoto-kun asked. The way he asked, he was kind of concerned. The expression on his face reminded me of Twelve.

"I don't know...Twelve."

"Huh?"

He was quite surprised, and so was I. "Twelve..?" He said. "I'm so sorry, Nine...Twelve. I thought it would be easier than this! I couldn't save you!" I shouted as I cried. I knelt on the ground, screaming and crying. I couldn't stop these overflowing emotions. Not now, not ever.

"Lisa!"

I widened my eyes. I just heard Twelve's voice, combined with Nine's confusion and anger. I looked at Matsumoto-kun. "I've never met my brother, but you met him. Don't you think my situation was far worse?" He asked.

No...You didn't watch him live, but I watched him die.

Tell me, what's worse?

"Even if you've never met him, I bet you now found each other." I told him with a smile. It suddenly turned into a frown. "Don't push yourself, Mishima. You know, you maybe regretful, but he's probably telling you that blaming yourself won't help." He said and patted my head.

"I...I should have thanked them thoughtfully! I should've-"

"Stop. Wipe your tears."

He gave me that handkerchief again and I used it to wipe my tears. Nine, and Twelve. Sorry for making a fool out of myself. I always blame myself because you're no longer here.

Thank you for saving me.

--