Chapter Four

Quick note- Don't forget to comment on yall thoughts and vote💓

Last Night was hard for me to sleep because I was up all night worrying about Jade. She never returned my call or text. I got up extra early today so that I could pop up at her house before going to school.

I'm glad my dad was able to wash my clothes yesterday, so today I was really feeling refreshed. Yesterday I told my dad to meet me a block away instead of in front of the house. I didn't want to encounter the same problem as before and get cursed out by my mom again. He thought it was silly that I dragged my clothes to the next corner, but I just said I needed the exercise, which wasn't a lie.

After getting ready, I headed towards the front door. I didn't see my mom and it also just dawned on me that I hadn't seen or heard her all last night. I Just hope she's safe. The way she's been acting is really starting to scare me.

It was almost the end of November and you could feel it becoming more and more colder outside. Jade only lived a few blocks away from me, so it didn't take no time to get to her house.

I walked up the steps to her porch and knocked on the door. I stood there for a few seconds before knocking again. A tall, browned skinned older man opened the door. He had a white t-shirt on that couldn't fit and revealed his big belly at the bottom. He had a beer can in his hand and a cigarette hanging from his ear.

"What do you want?" He opened the door and asked.

" Umm, I'm Jade's friend, is it okay if I come in and see her?"

He looked at me like he was thinking for a second.

" Come on in, you can go straight upstairs to her room, just make it quick. He said, biting his bottom  lip  and moving out the way so I could come in.

I got this weird energy off him. I can sense his spirit wasn't uplifting and positive. I felt him looking at my butt as I walked up the steps to jade's room. I shook my head and did a soft knock on her door.

" Come in." she yelled from the other end.

When I walked in there, Jade's room was torn up. She had her name brand clothes thrown everywhere, Tv face down on the floor and I also saw broken glass. Jade was laying there in the bed with a blanket over her face like she wasn't supposed to be up right now, on her way to school.

" Best Friend, are you ok?"  I asked her concerned.

I must have scared her because she jumped up and pulled the blanket off of her.  'Gabby, what are you doing here?" she asked, looking like she saw a ghost.

"Well you haven't been answering my calls and you missed school again. I just wanted to check on you. I said back to her.

" When I called you all those times Sunday, did I get an answer? Did I pop up at your house? No, so you shouldn't have come here." she said, getting upset.

I was shocked at her response. " Well excuse me for caring about my best friend. What's gotten into you?" I asked.

" Nothing Gabby damn. I'm good, Just sick. Can you leave please. I'll call you later."

And with that, she turned around, laid back down and put the covers back over her. I usually don't pressure the situation, but today was different and I didnt feel right leaving her like this.

"Jade, something is off. Can you please talk to me?" I tried my luck.

"GABRIELLE, LEAVE."  She screamed at me.