Chapter Fourteen

" You want another plate hunny?" Ms Linda asked me as she washed the dishes in the kitchen.

" No thank you Ms Linda. You have to stop spoiling me." I said, smiling at her.

" Girl hush, you know I don't mind." She said as she dried her hands with the dish towel.

The day I left Tyler apartment I called Ms Linda and asked her if she could come get me. She didn't ask any questions or hesitated to say yes. I've been staying here the last two days and things have been really peaceful for once. Today is the day I return back to school since the incident and I actually was ready to get back. I've been stuck in the house lately drowning in my thoughts and plus I miss my best friend.

When I arrived here Ms Linda made sure I felt at home. She volunteered to buy me some more school uniforms and a few things I needed, but I kindly declined and informed her that I have my own money. My dad met up with me yesterday and gave me my monthly payment and I was very thankful because all the money I saved from working is stuck at my moms house in a hidden place. I refuse to go back to that place. It's currently a cold Wednesday morning and we just finished breakfast.

" I know you don't mind and I appreciate all the help you have given me. I really do." I said genuinely.

" You know what I see when I look at you?" She asked me as she took a seat across from me at the table.

" No, what do you see?" I asked nervously.

" I see a young, strong woman with a bright future ahead of her. I see an intelligent beautiful young lady, but I also see someone who's hurting with a lost soul. You've been through alot and still trying to find yourself, but I promise you, you will soon find out. Trouble doesn't last always." she said smiling at me.

" You're right. I know I have a purpose in life, but I'm not really sure of what it is. Some days I'm scared to smile because every time I do trouble is not far behind. Sometimes I feel like I'm being punished for some reason." I expressed to her.

" Baby you're not being punished. I know things are tough and some things don't make sense right now, but God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. You are blessed hunny."She said as she took my hands into hers.

" Do you really think I'm blessed?" I asked her as tears slid down my cheeks.

" Yes, I really do. You wake up each and every morning healthy and breathing. That alone gives you an opportunity to become something greater in life despite your current circumstances. Rather you can see it or not, you are very strong and overcame things that could have broke you, but it didn't."

" You're right. Thank you Ms Linda." I said as I wiped my face with a paper towel.

" You don't have to thank me for telling you the truth. Listen, I want you to stay here with me and finish school." She said to me.

"Umm I don't know Ms Linda. I don't want to be a burden, I'll be okay." I said back to her.

" I know you will be okay, but I wasn't asking you, this is a request. I want you to continue to focus on school and working at that job like you've been doing. Continue to save your money. I don't want you to give me anything. I don't want you to ever have to think about the next time you will receive a hot meal or even the next time you'll have clean clothes to wear.

" Okay if you insist, but I promise it won't be for long. I plan on getting my own spot once I graduate and have enough money saved up." I said, getting up to give her a hug.