Chapter Twenty Five

"Girl If you don't put these damn heels on so we can go." Sam said, getting frustrated with me.

" But I don't wear heels. I don't even know how to walk in them." I said , folding my arms and flopping down on the bed.

Tonight is prom night and I'm lowkey devastated. Sam picked me out a stunning yet revealing prom dress. It's an off shoulder, long sleeve sequin Tulle floor length dress. It's sparkly and it exposes the top of my stomach area. I had to have a different type of confidence to wear this kind of dress and even though I was beyond nervous I couldn't hide the fact that I looked beautiful in it. Over time I learned to love on myself more and embrace my beauty. I didnt care about hiding behind clothes anymore or staying in my comfort zone, as long as I felt beautiful and didn't look slutty I was fine with it. The dress also was thin material so I wasn't hot like I thought I would.

" Gabby, this is why we're practicing. You practice to learn and you don't stop until you get it. Now stand up girl, forreal." Sam said as she grabbed my arms, lifting me up off the bed.

" Now stand right here, keep your back straight and shoulders back. Now I need you to walk to the end of the hallway and back with confidence. Take small steps, walk from heel to toe and remember to keep your head held high." Sam explained to me.

Sam repeated these same steps three times prior to this one and I still didn't get it correct. Every time I tried my anxiety would get the best of me and ill instantly overthink the whole thing. I found myself losing my balance and almost busting my ass. Funny part about it, the heels are thick and it's only three inches tall, pathetic. Not to mention they were so pretty and brought out my dress, but I just kept fucking up. Everytime I messed up, Sam would make me restart again. This girl was persistent and wasn't going to let up until I learned how to walk in them. I stood straight, took a deep breath and proceeded to follow the steps she ordered yet again.

As I put one foot in front of the other, her words kept replaying in my mind. I made sure my shoulders were back as I stood tall and walked slowly. Surprisingly this time wasn't so bad and I managed to make it back to the room without losing balance.

" Yess bitcchh, thats what im talking about. Now do it again." Sam said, cheering me on as she turned me back around.

I huffed and puffed, but I damn sure turned around and tried again. I liked the feeling it gave me walking in them. It really did bring out an attractive body posture and made me feel very confident, not to mention grown as hell.

After trying four more times I had it down packed. The way I was strutting in them, you wouldn't have guessed I just learned today. I was so proud of myself, but I think Sam was even more proud. This girl wouldn't stop smiling and bragging about it as she stood infront of me doing my makeup. She was giving me a full natural beat as I sat there still so she wouldn't mess up. I told her numerous times that I don't wear makeup and I don't need all that on my face, but she kept saying she'll make it look natural and pretty and plus it's a big night for me so I had to look the part. I finally stopped debating with her and let her do her thing.

"So you're coming with me right?" I asked her.

I really didn't want to walk into prom by myself. Besides Jade, I don't have any friends nor did I associate with anybody else. To make matters worse, Jade called me earlier and told me she wasn't coming tonight. No matter how many times I tried to convince her, she just wouldn't budge.

" Of course I'm coming boo. I wouldn't dare let you go by yourself especially with those hating ass females at your school you told me about. Plus with how good you're looking right now, you're definitely going to draw a lot of attention. These broads are going to wish they didn't show up tonight" She said, smirking.