✧falling✧

The next morning came and Aragorn awoke. He looked at Legolas, who was curled up on his sleeping matt. He smiled. Seeing his friend so peaceful and unbothered made him happy. The ranger started to pack their things, trying to be as quiet as possible, when he suddenly heard the elf groan. Aragorn looked over at his friend, thinking that he has awoken too, but no,
He was dreaming.
Aragorn chuckled, leaning closer to listen to the elves muttering.
"Aragorn.."
Aragorn stared at him. Did Legolas just say his name? He felt himself blushing and quickly stood up. Why? What was his friend dreaming about? Aragorn thought about talking with him about it later.
Legolas blinked a few times, before sitting up and stretching himself. He looked around, noticing that Aragorn already had packed everything up. And there the beautiful man sat, his thoughts somewhere else. Legolas stood up, making his way to Aragorn. He thought about the kiss he planted on the others lips the day before and gulped. Suddenly he felt guilty.
What if Aragorn didn't want it? What if he- "Good morning Legolas"
"Good morning mellon nin (my friend)"
They both shared a small smile for a moment, before sitting down and eating breakfast together.
"So..how did you sleep?"
Aragorn asked. Legolas thought.
He slept really good. It was the first time in  months.
"Good" He answered. The elf wanted to return the question, as Aragorn asked another one. "Have you had any dreams by chance?"
Legolas bit his lip, thinking about the scenario he dreamt of. And of course, it was with Aragorn.
"Why do you ask?"
"Well, you said my name when you were asleep" The prince immediately turned to look at him.
"I did?" "Yes, what was the dream about?"
This was getting out of hand. He almost exposed himself in his sleep! Legolas blamed himself for dreaming about Aragorn, for kissing Aragorn.
"I can't remember."
He said. Aragorn nodded, a bit disappointed.
„Did you have any dreams?"
„Yes, I dreamt about Arwen kissing me..it felt good and it kind off relieved stress" Oh Valar Legolas really felt horrible now. He shouldn't have kissed his friend! He shouldn't even fall for him but he did and it didn't feel like everyone said how it would feel. It didn't feel like flying or being free.
No, it really felt like falling.
Falling into Aragorns silver eyes, falling into an ocean of peonies, getting dragged down by the uncountable emotions.
Legolas silently cursed himself, but gave Aragorn a smile and a quick nod, before finishing his food.
As they both walked back to the Kingdom of Mirkwood, they talked about what they planned for the next few weeks or even months.
Aragorn told him that he probably would travel back to Rivendell soon.
Legolas understood. The ranger had to visit Arwen and Elrond.
They both surely were worried for him, since when Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn were going on adventures, one always got hurt.
But this time, it was the elf. (And not just physically)

When the friends arrived, Aragorn wished to speak to Thranduil, wich surprised Legolas. But he didn't keep asking, knowing that he could trust Aragorn. He led him to his father, but hesitated to leave for a second.
What was on Aragorns mind?
Why wouldn't he speak to his friend about it?
"Legolas, you may leave."
He heard his fathers loud voice filling the room.
The prince nodded, quickly following the instructions.

Thranduil looked at Aragorn, head up high. He sat on his throne, letting his cold gaze run over the dunedain.
"What is what bothers you, human? Speak."
"I want to inform you about your son, Legolas. On our journey, he started acting different. But not in a good way. He started being sad. He sang a Lament. And his gaze always met the sea." Thranduil froze.
The ranger quickly thought for a moment, thinking about mentioning that Legolas also cried, to prove how serious the situation really was. But Thranduil already understood.
"A heartbreak is what he is suffering from, isn't it?" The King asked, rather to himself than to Aragorn.
"He said he fell for a someone. But they don't love him back"
Aragorn assumed that it would be better to leave the part with Thranduil not accepting it out.
Thranduil stood up, calling one of his guards.
"Go and bring me my son. And hurry."

As Legolas arrived in the room he already felt his father's stare on himself. He didn't dare to look at him and instead met Aragorns eyes, wich shined beautiful as ever. The prince looked away quickly, his gaze pinned to the ground.
He knew that it was gonna be about him and he sensed that it would have to do with love.
Thranduil slowly walked towards him, stopping right in front of him. His eyes pierced through legolas' skull.
"Look at me, Legolas"
Legolas did. He had to act as normal as he could now. Aragorn suddenly felt bad for telling the King. But he was really worried for his friend and didn't want him to slowly fade away due a heartbreak.
Thranduil looked through Legolas eyes right into his soul. He saw agony, sadness, grief, everything. And then he knew it. It was really true. Legolas loved someone but didn't got anything in return.
"Have you ever tried to talk to her, son?"
Legolas felt shame built up in him.
It would be better if he just played along with it.
"No"
"Then why are you so sure about what she is feeling?"
"She loves another one"
The prince really felt uncomfortable talking about it. Thranduil nodded, looking at his son in pity. "She isn't worth it anyways." Aragorn and Legolas now both stared at the king.
"How dare you speak of him like that?!"
"What?"
Now everyone was looking at Legolas.
Him?