Shadow, Sonic - Vampire King

Idea: Basically a part two to 'Shadow - Vampire King' but I'll try and make it where you don't have to read the last one.

Key:
Y/n = Your name
L/n = Last name

Warnings: Following vampire Supernatural rules, bit of gore

Category: Romantic/Up to interpretation

-

"Did you hear the vampire king has a guard now?" "Yeah, I heard it was a former assassin." "Oh my gosh, I heard he forced them to be a vampire and made them their guard." "Oh yeah, weren't they an assassin meant to kill him?"

Rumors. That's all Y/n and Shadow heard after people found out the king was protected. Y/n didn't hide the fact they were now a vampire and protecting the king. This caused other assassins to make up rumors. The two didn't care though, they just continued on. Though this did cause more attempts in the King's life. Many just to see if he was truly being guarded. Shadow grew worried for his lover since they hardly caught a break now.

Shadow sat upon his throne as he discussed some things with some of his people. Y/n was hidden, ready to attack someone if needed. They then noticed someone sneak in, they knew because they've tried that way. Y/n watched the other person, they waited for the other two attack. Once he did, Y/n jumped out and tackled him. Shadow stopped talking to look over. Once he saw what was happening he stood up, ready to intervene.

Y/n went to stab the assassin but he was far too quick. Y/n was shocked at his speed, only seeing it ever before with Shadow. The assassin kicked Y/n off before getting up. Y/n stood up and almost managed to get his shoulder. He grabbed Y/n's arm and pulled them a bit closer so he could punch them. Due to Y/n's tiredness they weren't able to recover very quickly. Shadow noticed this and quickly went over to them. He looked at the assassin and finally got a good look at him.

"Sonic."

"The one and only." Sonic smirked at the king, holding his machete. "Come to try and kill me as well?" Shadow asked bitterly, Y/n moved in front of Shadow. "You won't be able to if so." Sonic chuckled, "I bet I could." Y/n shot a glare, Shadow placed a hand on their shoulder causing them to glance back at him. "But I'm not here for that. I came here to meet you." Sonic finished as he looked at Y/n. They raised a brow, looking at Sonic.

The king waved off the other vampires, causing them to leave. Y/n looked at Shadow then back at Sonic. "I would like to speak to you alone." Sonic said to Y/n, Shadow stepped to the side of Y/n, putting an arm in front of them. "They will not be leaving my sights until they get some rest. So you shall either wait or speak in front of me too." He gave a glare to Sonic who just shrugged. "Fine man, just don't enter our conversation."

Y/n put a hand on Shadow's arm and gently pushed it out of their way. "After trying to attack the king then attacking me. Give me one good reason for me to listen to you." Y/n glared, "I can help you." Sonic responded. "Help me with what?" Y/n crossed their arms. "To get away from him." Shadow raised a brow at this. "Why would I want away from him?"

Sonic grew confused at this. "Isn't he forcing you here?" He questioned, Shadow chuckled at this. Y/n rolled their eyes. "No. Those are just rumors, blue boy. I'm here on my own free well. Now," Y/n walked closer to Sonic. "Get out before I make you." Sonic smirked, "Yeah, I'll be back." He gave a wink to them then Shadow before leaving. "Does he always do that?" Y/n asked as they turned to Shadow. "Which part? Be annoying, wrong, or flirt?" Y/n thought for a moment. "Yes."

"All the time."

Since then, Sonic has broken in a lot. He never tried to kill Shadow again, just wasn't something he'd do. He mostly showed up to bother the two. Shadow grew used to it, Y/n didn't accept it, they didn't trust him. Sonic made it his goal to make Y/n trust him. It didn't go very well. Shadow found the two entertaining, he'd watch from the sidelines.