Knuckles - Secret Thief

Idea: Y/n is hired to take the Master Emerald.

Key:
Y/n = Your name
L/n = Last name

Warnings: None

Category: Romantic

-

Y/n made it to Angel Island after hours of trying to get to the floating island. They made their way to where the emerald was. As they got closer, they were quieter and swifter with their movements. Not knowing where Knuckles was, they didn't want to get caught.

Y/n has known Knuckles for years, it did hurt them to betray him. Since they have grown so close. But, money was money.

Y/n hid behind a rock, they peaked around to see if they could spot Knuckles. They narrowed their eyes when he wasn't around. They slowly stood up and quietly walked closer, keeping an eye out. Y/n then looked at the emerald and stopped. There was Knuckles, laying down beside the emerald. They relaxed a bit when they saw his eyes were closed.

They quickly went behind a pillar to hide themselves. They had to think of how to get past him. More importantly, how to move the emerald. Y/n had no idea it was as big as it is.

Y/n leaned back, their back hitting the pillar. Some of the old stone fell, catching Knuckles attention. He opened his eyes and jumped up. "Who's there!?" He called out. Y/n stayed still, shocked at their own mess up. They normally would never do that. Were they getting worse at their job? Or was it they were so relaxed at the fact they're dealing with Knuckles.

"Alright, who are-!?" Knuckles began as he walked over, when he looked around the pillar he stopped. "Y/n?"

They looked up at him and smiled. "Surprise?" Knuckles smiled back and picked them up in a hug. "Y/n! It is great to see you!"

Y/n gave a relieved sigh and hugged back, they chuckled at his reaction and hugged back. "It is, it's been a while, hasn't it?" Knuckles put Y/n down and nodded. "It really has been. What brings you here?" He asked, as Y/n tried to come up with a cover story, Knuckles realized something. Y/n was in their work clothes. All black jumpsuit, with a black trench coat, belts with pouches.

Knuckles knew they were planning on stealing something. He narrowed his eyes then realized. He looked at the emerald then looked at Y/n. "-so I just decided to come here!" Y/n finished speaking, which Knuckles caught none of it. "You're here for the Master Emerald. Aren't you?" He asked them, his tone was completely different. It was darker and had anger in it.

Y/n's eyes widened then they put their hands up in defense. "What? No! What makes you think that?" They asked him and he looked them up and down as if to motion to their clothes. Y/n looked down at themselves then looked at Knuckles. Y/n knew they were caught. So, quickly, they pushed against the ground to move past Knuckles and get to the emerald.

They jumped on top of it, they had no plan. They just wanted out of Knuckles reach. Y/n knew he could easily over power him. Knuckles quickly turned around and went to the emerald then jumped on top of it too. Y/n looked at Knuckles, they didn't want to leave, this would probably be the closest they'd ever get to the emerald.

Y/n took a few steps back when Knuckles walked closer. Y/n stopped when they were on the edge of the jewel. Knuckles pulled his fist back for a punch but Y/n was quicker. They moved slightly to the side to kick the back of Knuckles knee. Knuckles's knee gave and he fell to the ground, off the emerald. Y/n went to the other side of the jewel and jumped down. They then pushed the emerald out of it's holder.

Y/n may be strong, one of the strongest but Knuckles was always stronger.

"No!" Knuckles got up and put his hands on the emerald and pushed against it, keeping Y/n from pushing it any further. The jewel rolled closer to Y/n, causing them to back up, away from the jewel. Knuckles then stopped and went around the jewel to get to Y/n.