Knuckles - Assassin

Idea: Y/n is an assassin, their last mission went bad so they were told to go into hiding. They did as told, they accidentally found Angel Island.

Key:
Y/n = Your name
L/n = Last name

Warnings: Cussing

Category: Romantic

-

Y/n stood on the edge of the island. They looked over the edge where they came from. They were above some clouds so they couldn't see the land below. They sighed and grumbled at their situation. They crossed their arms and started walking further onto the mystery island.

Y/n didn't want to go into hiding, they wanted to fight. But they didn't want to go against orders.

They looked around at the island, getting their bearings. As they walked, they soon found a small temple, with a huge green jewel in the middle. They had no idea what it was but they knew if they were a thief, this would be a prize jewel.

Which brought them to a theory. If this was here, away from everything. It must be important. Meaning there is no way it's unattended. Y/n narrowed their eyes at the jewel as they made their way closer to it. Before they could even touch the temple, they heard something. Y/n quickly jumped back, avoiding getting tackled.

They looked at who tried to attack them. There was a red echidna. The echidna stood up, ready to fight. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" He growled, he clearly did not want visitors.

Y/n decided not to speak, they rarely spoke anyway. They instead put their hands up in a defensive way and slowly moved away from the jewel. This made the echidna relax a little. "Don't speak huh? Well, I need you to leave." He said as he moved closer, well he tried to but Y/n backed up. They didn't want to be in arms reach of this one.

Y/n shook their head, they knew this would be the only place they'd be safe. At least from being found. With this enchanted on the island, they may not be fully safe.

"This is my island. I want you off my island!" He said in a commanding tone, he continued to walk to Y/n, hoping at some point they'd reach the edge of the island. And this worked, with Y/n refusing to leave and Knuckles constantly telling to leave. Y/n didn't realize they made it to the edge.

Y/n stopped when they felt that there was nothing under their heel. They turn their head to look and eyes widened when they saw the edge. They looked back at the echidna. "No where to go but down." He said, stopping about two feet from them.

Y/n gave a huff before ducking and going off to the side to get past him. They stood behind him, a few feet away. The echidna gave a sigh and turned around. "You're just not going to leave. Are you?" He asked lowly. Y/n shook their head. "Do you have any intentions on taking the Master Emerald?" He took a few steps forward in a threatening way.

Y/n gave a confused look before realizing he must be talking about the big jewel from before. They shook their head and the echidna gave a glare before walking past them. "Fine. Don't even get near it. Understand?" Y/n turned to look at him and nodded. Then the echidna walked away.

Since then, Y/n has stayed on the island. They've been waiting on clearance from their boss of when they can leave.

In this time, Y/n learned the echidna's name, Knuckles. They also learned about the blue blur and a few of Knuckles other friends. Though Knuckles still knew nothing of the stranger on his island. All he knew is that they didn't once try to get the emerald. He wanted to know why they never spoke and why they were on his island.