New Recruits

[Wheeljack's POV]

After convincing Ironhide to simply fly the Jackhammer back to base and let Rachel travel a bit more, we arrive in Texas via ground bridge, Rachel's home state. Despite being able to go anywhere in the world, she insisted on returning to Texas. She claims it has the best food, something called 'barbecue'. Since I don't have tastebuds, I'll have to take her word for it. Currently, she was 'driving' my alt form, cruising down a highway she says she used to use all the time as a teen for high school. I know it wasn't necessarily safe to be this close to a place she would be recognized at, but I could tell she needed this.

"So, where to first?"

Bulkhead's voice echoes over the com, and Rachel shrugs. "Honestly, I wouldn't mind just driving for a bit. I've always loved a good drive, no matter the destination." She gives a side glance out the window to the green Lamborghini LM002 driving beside us. She suddenly perks up. "Oh! But if we keep going north for an hour, there's a Buck-ee's! They have the best fudge around!" I can't help but chuckle. This femme always has food on her mind, yet her metabolism uses it so fast that you'd never know she would beat anyone at the base in a food-eating competition. 

We drive for a while more, and I can feel Rachel trying to apply more pressure to the gas pedal.

"Rachel, what are you doin'?"

She smirks that devilish smirk of hers that spells only trouble. "Come on now, Jackie. You're barely doing over the speed limit! I'm safe in here, and I'm itching for a race!" I could already hear Bulkhead starting a protest, so I interject first. "Now Rachel, we are told to 'blend in'. I don't think us racing down the highway would do that very well." Rachel pouts, crossing her arms.  "Wheeljack is right, Rachel. You know that!" Bulkhead, who was coming up on our left, interjects his two sense. Rachel goes silent, and I take that moment to enact my plan.

Swiftly, I shuffle the seats and move her to the passenger side. "However, my alt mode is a racecar, so we aren't blending in at the moment, are we?" I turn on my holoform in the driver's seat. "Besides, can't have you getting in trouble on your day off. They might never let you have another." I slam my holoform's foot down on the gas, and we take off down the highway. Rachel is slammed against the seat, but the look on her face is pure joy. I can only smirk as I swerve between cars, pushing one-twenty down the road. "Woooooh!" Rachel yells, hands up in glee. She looks like a teenager on a roller coaster.

I race us through traffic with Bulkhead in tow. He was trying to talk us out of it, but Rachel couldn't bother to listen. Neither could I, in all honesty. "Let's go, Jackie!" She lets out another whoop, and I hear Bulkhead sigh. He disappears behind us for a while, and I slightly pout. "Seems like the old man couldn't keep up." Rachel laughs. "Can't expect him to keep up with you anyways!"

Suddenly, said green vehicle flies past us as if we were sitting still.

"As if I would let you two win a race!"

Rachel can't stop laughing now, and I can't help but join her. "Well, I can't argue with that, Bulk!"

With that, we take off down the highway, racing towards something called a 'Bucky's'. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[Rachel POV]

"See? All the best fudge you could ever eat!" I pause for a moment as we exit the Buck-ees, the two men with me stopping as well. "Well, I guess if you could eat, you'd agree." On my right is a tall, dark-skinned body-builder looking guy. He sports short black hair and slight scruff on his chin. He is wearing a dark green shirt and jeans, and simple sneakers. On my left is a shorter, thinner man with grey hair on top and black hair on the sides. He is wearing a white leather jacket that sported green and red stripes, cargo pants and combat boots.