Chapter 4

Several moons had passed by now, and Firestar was a worthy member of ThunderClan. Misystar provided most of the care for him, but when Yellowfang could finally walk on his own, they were not together much. Mistystar was a warrior, so that she couldn't tend to the old queen either, not that she wanted to. 

Yellowfang was more accepting of the white warrior now than she had been, but there were still sharp comets and stings that popped up here and there, but Mistystar had gotten used to them. 

"Hello, Mistystar!" a familiar voice called, and Mistystar looked up from her perch at Hightrock and smiled down at the grey warrior apprentice Graypaw. He was Firepaw's best friend and one of their most loyal apptreince. A lot had happened in the short time that Firepaw had been here, and Graypaw and Mistystar had grown closer. 

But still, Firepaw was her favorite and the one she went to when something was bothering her. Bluestar held that position too. 

"hey, Graypaw, what brings you here?" Mistystar meowed with kind eyes and a smile. The grey apprentice smiled back. "Firepaw was wondering if you wanted to come to Apptrenice Hollow and eat with us. You haven't eaten all day" Mistystar snorted but stood up and jumped down from the rock next to Highrock. "Of course, Graypaw. I want to be a shepherd," Mistystar said, flicking her tail against Graypaw's face before walking towards the Apptreince Den.

Graypaw shook his head before following her. Firepaw chose well. I can't think of anyone else but Mistystar that suits our little kittypet. But alas, if only she knew how Firepaw felt about her. But it's up to him to tell her or not. 

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

"I didn't know we could kill a snake!" you snorted in surprise and smiled broadly. 

Ravenpaw, the cat who had caught the snake, looked down at the ground and his paws and said quietly, "no one knew... I was just lucky" you chuckled and nudged him, "of course you were. StarClan knows what would have happened to you if one of them had bitten you" you stood up and stretched. 

"Well, I better get to Bluestar. Whitestorm said the other day that she wanted to talk to me. Adios for now," and then you slunk away from the tree root and walked towards Bluestar's den. as you passed the ferns blocking the entrance, you saw your best friend washing up. 

"I've come at a bad time; Whitestorm said you wanted to see me," you said and sat down at the entrance. Bluestar looked up and smiled "no, Misty. come here" you nodded, followed her order, and sat down next to her. she gave you a little lick on your cheek, and you did the same. "I want to talk about Firepaw and Ravenpaw and Graypaw. Do you think they should come to the Gathering?" she asked, and you were surprised.

You flicked your tail and shifted your paws "well... they've been training for a long time, and they're good. I think they'll be fine. and the rest" you lowered your voice to a whisper even though no one here could hear you "I don't like it when Sandpaw and Dustapw are there. It's too... silly and loud. It makes me sick to see them trying to flirt with that cat" Bluestar snorted and nodded. "I agree with you, Mistty. And besides, this would have been their fourth time. It's time for someone else to join. Can you tell them that?" you nodded and stood up before pressing your muzzle to her forehead and trotting out.

Soon you came over to Graypaw, Firepaw, and Ravenpaw. All of them were still talking about the snake. But they fell silent as you came up to them. You smiled. "Firepaw, graypaw, and Ravenpaw. I want to talk to you," you said severely lazily. All the males went stiff with laughter, and you chuckled under your breath. Finally, you spoke up and swatted Firepaw with a paw "don't worry! I'm not going to talk about anything serious. At least not about anything you've done that's wrong. I just wanted to say that you are welcome to join the Gathering today. And that Sandpaw and Dustpaw will stay here and guard the camp."

That made your friends beam with joy, and you smiled too. "Seriously?" Ravenpaw meowed, and you nodded. All the tomcats pounced on you, and you fell to the ground with a grunt of surprise and amusement. "Woah!" you laughed, fighting your friends with playfulness in your eyes. 

You won, of course, even though you had been knocked off your bed. "I'm glad you're happy, boys. Just stick with me," you said, and the boys nodded, and together you enjoyed yourselves. 

But some eyes saw this and growled with bared teeth, pathetic learners! he snarled. They are not worthy of her love. No one else but me is! And I will make her see it once... soon... and then Mistystar will be mine forever...