Chapter 15

Mistyheart turned around, her pupils growing wide as she saw who was staring at her. It was her mate Fireheart. With a tilt of her head, she came closer. The little kit she had seen before was crouching beside his mentor. "Fireheart?" Mistyheart said softly, her eyes growing big.

It was her mate. "it's me," said the ginger tom and smiled before pressing his nose to hers in greeting, closing his eyes as their lips suddenly captured in a kiss that seemed to last just for seconds, but it lasted for 2 minutes. Cloudpaw, who wasn't sure what was happening, shook his head and snuck away, not wanting to be part of this.

He didn't want some sloppy romance to ruin his appetite.

Soon Mistyheart and Fireheart ported, both looking at each other with heart eyes. "I'm so happy I found you," Fireheart mewed, pressing against Mistyheart's snout again. The dragoness lay down, curling their tail around them. "I'm happy to see you too, Fireheart," she said honestly. "will you come back to ThunderClan?" Fireheart asked. Mistyheart sighed.

"I don't think I could. I'm not a cat anymore, Fireheart. I'm a dragon now," she said, looking down at her deadly claws. FIreheart sighed. "You can still be with us, you know. Bluestar wants you back. I want you back. please"

Mistyheart looked harder down at her sword-like claws thinking hard. If she came to the Clan again, wouldn't she endanger them? And what about those cats she had taken under her wing back in her territory? She couldn't abandon them to be with her mate.

No, she had at least to be with them until they were strong enough to leave.

"I can't, Fireheart. I have someone waiting on me back home. But if and when they are strong enough to leave, I will perhaps come back. Send Bluestar out to the Moonstone. I will meet her there and discuss this with her at the next Moon," she said. Firheart took a deep breath but understood where his mate was coming from. She couldn't just waltz into the camp again, expecting to be loved and taken back. She had to show she was a warrior and would fight for her Clan again.

"alright. I will tell Bluestar," Fireheart mewed, pressing against Mistyheart's stomach. "but please let us spend this night together one last time" Mistyheart smiled and wrapped her paws around him. "Of course, my love," she said, and together they fell asleep under the growing moon.

Sorry for such short chapters, but I want to finish another book soon. So it'll take time before I update again. But I will soon, don't worry.

- Z