Chapter 13

Mistyheart woke early the next day and stretched her stomach rumbling with hunger, so she decided to get up and hunt some for her and the two cats.

So with silent steps, the dragoness stood up and whisked out of the cave, taking to the air and heading towards WindClan territory to take a rabbit or two. She knew that the WindClan cats would be angry, but they didn't even know a strange creature like her had taken what she could find.

She wanted food, and now that she didn't live by any code, she could do mostly what she wanted. Just she gave the creatures in the forest would be safe and enough food to sustain themselves.

With a spiral down, Mistyheart suddenly noticed a purple cat running like she was chasing something.

But that's when Mistyheart saw that it was running. From her. Had the cat seen her? How? She had been so high up that she wouldn't block out the sun even though she tried.

Shaking her head, she winged up, disappearing as fast as she'd come. She soon found a herd of elks big enough to feed her and the cats for at least a week. It made her mouth water to see so much food since she hadn't eaten much since she left ThunderClan.

Swiftly killing a big Buck who was some leader but wouldn't be missed, she swept off, leaving the prey field empty with only a pool of blood as a reminder.

That's when purple paws stepped onto the ground, hissing filling the sound "Ack, we lost her," growled a male voice as a bottomless brown Tom came up, lashing his tail in anger. The purple female huffed and kneaded the ground. "The blood is fresh. She was here now. Come on, if we follow the drops of blood from her prey, we might find her den," she said, then shot off after a path of droplets of blood which Mistyheart had paid no attention to.

Lets us hope that these cats won't mean trouble.