Chapter 14

Mistyheart woke by the sound of paws and Whitethroat's terrified news. With a hiss of her tone, the beautiful beast rose to her feet, easily towering over the cats that froze as soon as her hiss echoed in the cave.

The newcomer cats stared at her, their eyes screwed up in shock. They had seen her in the air but never up close before. They hadn't thought she'd be this big!

"get out," Mistyheart snarled, her claws coiling into the ground as her anger slowly burned to the surface. It was the Clan cat in her still boiling strangers in her territory. She thought ith a flash of fangs and hoped she would send those cats off, but they stood steady even though Mistyheart could see their tails lashing in fear and their ears twitching. "We don't want any harm," squad the purple she-cat dipping her head. Mistyheart narrowed her eyes. "Then why are you coming to my den?" she asked, her tone severe yet curious as to why five strangers had crossed her borders. The strongest-looking tom stepped forward, his head dipping. "I'm Jaytheif, and this is my friend. We're a band of rouges looking for a home to stay," he said.

Mistyheart frowned. She hadn't heard about any rouges in the forest for a long time, but ti could've changed though, of course. Perhaps they had started to attack the camp now that she was gone because Mistyheart had been well known in the forest for her strength and unusual features such as extra long and sharp fangs, better eyesight, and more extended claws.

And now she knew why she had those features. It was her body telling her that she was in the wrong world. Or somehow, the wrong body. She wasn't meant to be a cat. She was meant to be a dragon.

With a sigh, Mistyheart dipped her enormous head and looked at she cat, who was their leader. "You might seek shelter here. I have no strain against your kind right now. Just be careful and treat my friends right. I'm going hunting guard my cave" and with that slithered out of the cave taking to the air as fast as she could. She had to go to ThunderClan and see how they were doing. Even if she had to hide, it would be the best thing to do now.

Her heart told her that they were not as they used to be.

-'๑'-

Mistyheart was right; ThunderClan had already seen better days. But there were a lot of new warriors now that the young dragoness could see and smell. But there was someone familiar. Well, apart from Fireheart, there was also akin to his scent. A little white furball of a cat was playing with his inmates, and that's when it clicked for Mistyheart. This was Fireheart's kin.

A stinging in her heart filled her, and she unwilnglily curled her claws into the ground but kept herself at bay. If she got angry now, it wouldn't take long before she comforted her mate and might kill him. But it would also just sir some panic that wasn't was her old Clan needed right now.

She suddenly heard Fireheart's voice and saw the fiery tom coming out of his den and walking straight to his kit, hissing. "Cloudpaw, you know you have to respect the CLan!" she heard him say, making Mistyheart tilt her head. Fireheart was a fair and just cat. He would never yell at others just like that—especially a kit such as this one.

That made the ex-deputy narrow her eyes as she soon noticed that the two cats weren't alike in any father-son-like way. They're more like cousins.

How could I be so stupid? Mistyheart berated herself. Of course, Fireheart wouldn't be a cheater with me. He loves me, and I love him. He wouldn't go around and have kits with a unknow cat. he is too loyal to that.

With a sigh, the dragon decided she had watched her old Clan for long enough and wanted to hunt, and she took off silently, moving like an owl at night. But she was white, and her stark color stood out against the trees, so when Fireheart snapped his head to hear where the sound and scent of a beast came from, he saw the flash of a white tail slip into the crown of the trees, and he felt hope rush through him. So Mistyheart was alive, and she had just been here, probably looking at him.

He looked down at Cloudpaw when the young cat tugged at his mentor's paw. "Fireheart, shall we go hunting or not?" he whined impatiently, and Fireheart had to keep Chinese from rolling his eyes at his sister's kit's indigence.

He was a nuisance.

"we will," Fireheart said shortly and started to pad out of the camp, uncounseled heading the same way he had told the last of his mate.

Cloudpaw noticed because once they were out of the camp, he mewed, "were are we going" Fireheart stopped and looked around. The scent of Mistyheart was heavy and sweet, a clear sign that she had been here just a few minutes ago. "I don't know, let's just see where our trail takes us," he said honestly.

Cloudpaw narrowed his eyes in suspicion but didn't question his mentor. He trotted on after Fireheart as they followed the scent trail of the ex-deputy that disappeared quickly, as she had taken to the air after being here.

But Fireheart had a feeling to go on. The scent of blood came soon, too, and he twitched a bit. It wasn't cat blood. It was instead a giant prey. He hurried his pace and soon came to a slaughter field. It was a big buck gorged up, and at its side stood the white beast tearing its insides faster.

It was Mistyheart.