CHAPTER 7: Goldie

Y/N

"A puppy!" I squeal, holding a fluffy golden puppy in my tiny six-year-old arms. Papa smiles, rubbing my head with his rough working man's hands. "I'll name him Goldie!" I cuddle up, my cheek to his furry face. Papa takes a photo of us before Goldie squirms and I place him down. I give Papa a huge hug and kiss on the cheek.

Papa brings us both outside for a walk around our NYC block. I jump around in excitement, staring at Goldie almost the entire time. "Thank you so much, Papa!"

I open my eyes, blinking and looking around, realizing I'm still in Raph's bed. Smiling, I think of Goldie and Papa. He may have been the leader of the Family, but he was a good man. Morally questionable at times, but I miss him.

I crawl out of bed and stretch a bit, yawning. I search around the lair and none of the turtles are to be seen. On the counter, I find a box of pizza with a note on top. 'A pizza if you're hungry and my phone number if you need me - Raph' I smile, how sweet! I grab and slice of pizza and begin chewing on it, then take out my phone and add Raph's number. I shoot him a text.

'Hey, it's me Y/N :)' I text then put my phone down. Buzz buzz. Damn, it's only been a few seconds.

'Hey, Y/N! We'll be back soon, it's a really slow night.' Raph messages back.

'Can't wait! Thanks for the pizza btw <3' I grin and eat more pizza while I wait for Raph's return.

Raph

Buzz buzz. We're at a stakeout, waiting for the gang to get another shipment. Nothing has happened for hours, though.

I pick up my phone. It's a message from Y/N! 'Hey, it's me Y/N :)' I smile ear to ear.

"Oooh is that Y/N?" Mikey asks, peering over my shoulder. I roll my eyes and smack him.

'Hey, Y/N! We'll be back soon, it's a really slow night.' I text back.

"Dude, are you gonna ask her out when we get back?" Mikey asks.

"Get your own love life, will you?" I snap back.

"Be a little nicer, Raph." Leo says and I roll my eyes at him. Buzz buzz.

'Can't wait! Thanks for the pizza btw <3' I giggle lightly, like an idiot school girl.

"She sent a heart at the end of the message, guys! What does that mean?"

"It means she's totally head-over-heels in love with you, dude." Mikey replies. I can't help but continue smiling despite wanting to slap him again. I hope he's right.

We return to the lair and Y/N greets me with a hug. "Thanks for the pizza!" She grins, a little sauce still on her chin. I wipe away the sauce with my thumb, my face heating up at her physical touch. The guys stare at our interaction, smiling.

We all decide to have a movie night together. Y/N picks out her favorite movie and excitedly puts it on. Mikey pops a bunch of popcorn, but Y/N declines on account for her sore throat and has ice cream instead.

The couch is a bit cramped so we're all shoulder to shoulder sitting together. "You look cold. Do you want a blanket?" I offer Y/N. She nods and I find a blanket to hand her. She spreads it across the couch so as many of us fit under the throw blanket as possible.

As the night progresses, there's only about thirty minutes of the movie left and Y/N rests her head on my shoulder. My face turns red again and Mikey gives me a teasing grin. She grabs one of my hands with hers and begins fidgeting with it, rubbing my palm.

By the time the movie is over, Y/N is passed out sleeping on my shoulder. "I think she likes you, Romeo." Leo teases. I look down at her sleeping face and smile.

The rest of the guys eventually go to bed after we quietly chat a bit. I don't want to move and wake her, so I stay put on the couch under the blanket, her hand still resting in mine. I wish this moment could last forever, she's so cute. Eventually, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep as well.