CHAPTER 1: The Family

DISCLAIMER: violence, abuse

Y/N:
The black beady eyes of the painting seem to follow me down the corridor. Papa always had that effect on people. I squint, trying to adjust to the dimly lit passageway. A chill grazes past me, my eyes darting to find whatever draft it may have come from. I'm not supposed to be here.
I press my thumb against the keypad, a tiny green light flashes, and a clicking sound echoes throughout the corridor. I wince, longing to shush it. Easily, I push open the heavy metal door and gasp. "Ace!"
"Y/N, you aren't supposed to be here." I stare him down.
"And what are you gonna do about it?" I challenge. He glares, grinding his teeth and standing from the presidential sized wooden desk.
"The usual or should I have a little fun?" He approaches me, his 6" height difference making him tower over me. I spit in his face, and in return he smacks me hard. I hold my jaw before snapping back at him and opening my switchblade, aimed at his throat. His eyes widen, then glare again. "Looney will be hearing about this." I refuse to let down the blade or break eye contact.
"I'll cut your f*ing throat, you hear me?" I warn.
"You know where you belong, and Papa's office isn't it. What do you want?" He questions. I scowl.
"I'll give you a pretty new scar if you ask again."
"And when Looney finds out? We have a Family dinner tonight. You didn't forget, did you?" I press the cold blade against his Adam's apple, a final warning. I let it down, telling him I'm not afraid of Looney. He sneers, revealing his gold tooth where a permanent one was knocked out. "Sure." He chuckles.

I cross my arms, hands gripping my black leather jacket. I scowl, Ace assigned me to be the watch out on the roof again. As lame as that is, while the guys haul containers of illicit substances into the shipment truck and the toughest of the bunch stay as watch out and guards on the ground.
I grow bored of watching those goons shipping stuff and stare up at the New York City skyline, lying on my back. The night sky is lightly dotted with stars, a few clouds blocking it. I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a moment, feeling at peace. Nighttime is always my prime time.
Light footsteps approach. I swing my body up straight and jump into a standing position, holding my weapon firmly in my dominant hand. Four large shadows approach. I press my walkie talkie. "The lion has pounced." The Family code phrase for possibly dangerous enemies approaching our operation.
"Funny thing to say right before you get your ass kicked." A voice teases, before revealing itself from the shadows. A giant mutant turtle wearing a red mask? They're all wearing masks! What freaks.
A simple knife may not be enough. I reach for my gun inside my thick leather jacket, all in vain. It's missing! "Ace you son of a bitch!" I mutter to myself, cursing my brother for swiping my gun. An urgent voice on the other end of the walkie talkie asks me for my position and I answer quickly before a staff knocks it out of my hand. "Hey, you green freak!" I shout, swiftly roundhouse kicking him in the stomach. He swings, striking my shoulder. Footsteps approach as some of my gang come to my aid.
A fight breaks loose. Eventually, I'm brawling the red masked turtle. "Give up now, sweetheart. Before I beat your ass." He demands.
"Try me." I pin him to the ground to his shock. I press the sharp end of the blade gently against his throat. "Big talk for a freak who let a girl pin him." I sneer, his eyes on fire with rage. A blue masked turtle comes to his aid and throws me off him. I wheeze, the wind being knocked out of me. I close my eyes involuntarily, a few seconds later having a coughing fit.
"You pathetic excuse for a girl." Looney shouts, smacking me hard with an open hand. "You let the turtles go!" He beats me to the ground in his fit of rage. I curl up, wordlessly taking it all.

Raph:
The gang outnumbers us, cocking their guns, and open fire. Leo orders us to disperse, swiftly making his exit along with the rest of us.
"You pathetic excuse for a girl." A loud smack. "You let the turtles go!" I make the mistake of turning back when the gang can't see me anymore. Tough Girl gets the everloving shit beat out of her. I quickly turn back to return to the lair with everyone else.
I can't believe we ran away like that! We could've busted their whole operation. How did Tough Girl even pin me down? She's way tinier than I am, I must've let my guard down. Maybe if I wasn't caught so off guard we could've gotten shit done.

Y/N:
"You know your punishment!" Looney screams, shoving me into the cage and locking the door. I let out a sigh of relief when I hear him walk away. Wiping the blood from my nose and busted lip, my hand turns red. This is why I'm always wearing my signature red lipstick, nobody notices my busted lip when I cover it up like that. I lay on the cold, concrete floor and drift off to sleep. Looney will be back.