Week 7 - A Kiss in Costume

Week Seven - February 12th - February 18th 

Title: A Kiss in Costume

Author: authorelizasolares

Genre: Romance

Number of Chapters: 8

Completed? No

Link (Added as an in-line comment):

Blurb:

Alexander is ready to find love. But his socially awkward, analytical nature makes it hard to find just the right person. And when his analysis reveals he may be the problem in his relationships, he sets out to do what any math-loving nerd would do: solve the problem. Step one is to find a sexy costume for a masked Halloween party. And who better to help him than the prettiest girl Heartsbrook's Haunted Halloween has ever seen?

Jaqueline's determined to take back control of her life. After her ex used his influence to have her fired, she refuses to let him manipulate her into one more thing she doesn't want to do or say or wear. And now that she's found a new job, there's only one thing left to do: get even. So when she lands face to face with a man who has exactly the security clearance she needs to enact her plans, it must be fate. 

They are the perfect solution to each other's problems. And it all seems so easy until their friendship of convenience develops into a love neither of them saw coming. 

~ * ~

A Kiss in Costume is a Halloween Romantic Comedy, the first book in the Holidays in Heartsbrook series, a collection of small-town holiday romantic comedies.

Goose's Thoughts:

This week, we are diving into a romantic-comedy story and watching a relationship blossom between two very different people!

There is just something about Eliza's writing style across her works, but particularly in this story, that I absolutely love. The narration for both the characters is snarky, funny, but also has it's heart wrenching moments that leaves you wanting more. Both characters are stark opposites and it's reflected really well in their narration from Alex's need to calculate everything in his mind, to Jack's sass. 

For only a few chapters, Eliza does a great job at building the romance between Jack and Alex. Jack notices a lot of Alex's little nervous habits despite having known him for a few days (if that) and she tries to make things a little easier on him. Alex, on the other hand, throws himself into his first spontaneous activity ever to help out Jack. 

They're just adorable. 

I'm so excited to watch this story grow and to follow Jack and Alex on their next adventures. There is just something really captivating about the way Eliza writes the story that left me begging for more and to find out if things really well work out for the two of them. This is definitely a romance story I would recommend. 

Thank you for writing such an amazing story, Eliza!

-Goose