~Chapter 20~

He inches closer to me. Our faces nearly touching. His eyes are staring straight through me, but they aren't his eyes and this isn't Peter.

"We need to get back to camp," I state trying not to let my voice crack.

"I think that's for me to decide darling," he snarles in my face. His breath is warm on my skin, and he still hasn't released his hold on me. He starts kissing my cheek. I pull away and push his chest as hard as I can. "Don't be shy."

"It's not shyness that you are seeing, it's disgust."

His voice is raspy and dark, echoing throughout the caves. "You'll regret disobeying me. I own you."

"No you don't.!" I scream, "you act like you own the whole stupid island but you know what, you don't own me."

I walk to him desperate to bring back the boy that I know, the boy that was chasing out the evil in him. I grab his face, "peter please listen to me, come back, come back to me."

The boy that I no longer know scoffs and slings me to the ground. The next thing I know there is pain, everywhere. A strong force is being thrust into my stomach causing me to gag. The only thoughts that make it through my mind is the pain.

"There's no one coming to save you, Wendy. That 'hapily ever after' nonsense you believe in, doesn't happen in Neverland," Peter leaves the caves without making so much as a sound. To be that quiet you'd have to be flying.

I roll over on my back clutching my stomach. I feel the nausea making its way into my stomach. My jaw is throbbing with the forming bruise along with the ones I'm sure are forming on my stomach and legs. My long blonde hair is covered in dirt and matted to my head I roll over onto my knees and start coughing. My blood comes out. I can feel the bile in my throat as I try to hold more down.

This was a big mistake. If I had never come here I wouldn't have put myself and my new friend, my only friend, at risk. But at the same time if I had never come I'd never know adventure. This place is more than anything I could have imagined.

I hear cannons fire in the distance. I figure this is a trick of my mind considering everything around me is blurry. But the sound pierces through the air again. Louder this time, closer. My eyes open wider and I fight to stand up.

Holding the cave walls for support, I make my way out of the caves. The world has been plunged into darkness, the only light coming from the crystal formations and the stars. I walk over to the edge of the water. Great, the dark sea. For once can't is be sunshine medio or lolipop canyon.

I start waving my arms around like a maniac hoping they can see me. This beter be a good idea. The ship turns towards me. Thank gosh they see me and they are coming. The ship is moving faster than I anticipated, stopping only a few minutes after they started heading to me. A small row boat drops into the water.

A middle aged man meets me at the edge of the water.

"This way, miss," he helps me into the boat. "Don't you worry, we'll be back to the jolly rodger in no time. My name is Smee."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Smee." I sit back in the small boat and we start our journey back to the ship.

A block of wood attached to rope got tossed down. Almost like a giant swing. We get pulled up onto the ship and before I know it I'm surrounded by pirates. One in particular makes his way though the crowd. He is dressed in black with pale skin. His dark brown eyes gleam in the darkness. What catches my eye the most is the metal hook taking the place of his right hand.

"My name is Hook. James Hook. Welcome abord the Jolly Rodger."

AN
I am so sorry for not updating. Things have been quite hectic around here. I'll probably be able to get you more updates around the June and July months than any other time. I hope you liked this chapter and thank you for sticking with me.