~Chapter 11~

We have been walking for what feels like hours. I can't bring myself to min.d with Bays company. He isn't as violent as the others. I feel better when I'm with him. Although I chose this life. I wanted the shadow to take me away. Even now, knowing of the horrors this place holds, I would not go back.

I can be anyone I want here. Besides, we all have a dark side. It's just a matter of embracing it right.? Something nags at the edge of my mind. I could never hurt someone for the joy of it. I could never inflict pain. Unlike him. Unlike Peter.

"Hey, so can I ask you something without you completely getting offended.?" I say out loud.

"Of course. I doubt you have the ability to offend me."

I roll my eyes and ask, "is Peter insane or something.? I mean he's got that look in him."

Bay stops walking.

He shakes his head, "no. that's Pan's shadow. Remember.? Some lunatic cursed Pan with all the power in the world, at the price of himself. He put it on his shadow because that's the only thing he can't rid himself of."

"Well what did he do to that man.?"

"No one knows. We aren't supposed to talk about it. Slightly and I are trying to help him rid himself. When he sleeps the shadow leaves to go look for more boys. Peter only told us," Bays voice was shrinking to a whisper.

"Well what's the next thing you're going to try.?"

"We're going to try to trap Pans shadow back in the shadowlands where he belongs."

"How would you do that.?" I ask.

"We're trying to find an energy source strong enough but so far all I can seem to think of is the well," he sighs.

"isn't that what--"

"Yes I told you not to ask about that."

"Why," my hands are trembling.

"Because it's too dangerous and you would have walkd right into it if I came anywhere near telling you so please, Wendy, just don't ask about the well."

"But if it's going to help Peter--"

"We'll let you help, but stay away from the well."