~Chapter thirteen~

Peters grim smile grows. He continues playing with my hair.

"Pan," Bay starts.

"Who said you could talk.?" Peter shouts.

I flick my eyes towards Bay hoping I could descretly tell him to shut up.

"I think I've just found your prize if you win, darling."

"And what might that be.?" I whisper.

"The freedom of your friend."

Bay jumps back a little before Peter ends up behind him tieing his arms together and then they're both gone.

"Bay.!" I scream, "Peter where is he.? Don't hurt him.!"

"That's the game, darling. You chose the echo caves, that's where he is held prisoner. Find the Echo Caves, find Bale Fire. But saving him is an entirely different matter. I'm sure that you'll find it more difficult to get out than it is to get in." Peters voice is floating through the air. I turn in circles trying to find its source.

I hear the lost boys screeching somewhere In the distance. I break out into a run towards the noise. Slightly, I need to find Slightly.

My heart beats unevenly in my chest. If I can't handle this, then that's it for bay. I slow to a walk when I approach the lost boys. They sit awkwardly eating fruit. One boy stands alone leaning against a tree at the end of the camp. I make my way to him. His eyes widen when he sees me.

"Slightly right.?"

The boy nods.

"Great," I grab the coller of his shirt and drag him into the woods.

"Hey, what are you--"

"Shut up for a minute. I need your help." He goes quiet. I continue to drag him deeper into the woods until we were out pf sight and earshot. I forced him down onto a rock.

"Easy, easy. I don't have to help you, you know."

"Yes you do and you will willingly."

"What makes you so sure of that, miss bossy.?"

"Bay is being held captive in the Echo caves. I'm going to find him and get him out the only problem is that I have no idea where they're at. That's where you come in. You show me where the Echo caves are and you tell no one."

"The Echo caves.? No way that has a death sentence written all over it. If you don't know how to get in and out, you'll die trying." Slighty says stiffening.

"I think I know how to get in and out of a cave."

"You don't get it, Wendy. Everything on this island is enchanted. Magic always comes with a price. That cave requires payment for your safe passage."

"Payment.? You mean the Grim Reaper is going to be standing at the entrance taking up fees.?"

Slightly laughed, "you know you can be really annoying sometimes."

"As can you."

"You have to pay in secrets."