Prologue - it gets worse

It gets better.

This is not a promise, nor is it a prediction. It's a line in a script, a white lie that is spat out when there is no more advice to give, no more help to offer. It's an order to accept one's end, it's a goodbye, it's a "you might aswell just kill yourself". And Youngbin had finally stopped believing that damn phrase for good, just a couple of months ago.

It hadn't been easy for Youngbin to fall under the radar for the past years. He'd mastered the art of being invisible, a skill much needed in high school, when everyone's eyes were either on the popular ones, or the strange ones. Youngbin certainly was the latter.

And yet he had managed to slowly disappear within the crowds of students populating Sirius Miller High School every day. Sure, the process was isolating, and maybe it felt like he was but a shell of himself, an empty husk stripped of passion and personality.

But at least he wasn't a victim anymore. At least the bullying had stopped. He could accept being a nobody to everyone if it meant that he wasn't the strange, cringe, stupid, naïve autistic kid anymore. At least he had his peace now.

And naturally, Youngbin screwed up, planted a huge target onto his very own back, and foolishly decided to listen to the last bit of passion left within him telling him to audition for the school play.

Disappearing, becoming invisible, fitting in, is quite the challenge when one is standing on a stage, and more so when playing a main role. Youngbin was now Romeo, forever, and Romeo had been ingrained in everyone's mind.

And those that had finally lost interest in Youngbin now loved Romeo. So much so that they'd follow him around, and call out his name, and on that fateful Thursday, glue him to a table.

—--

WC: 317

hello hiiii i hope u will enjoy this!!!! remember to like and subscribe and tell ur friends and leave 5 stars and send this to ur homophobic granny or something