(CH.13) weakening

Nayeon's more than sure what her instructions were, so she lets the receptionist check her booking twice – but both times he just slowly shakes his head at her, an apologetic look on his face.

She knows that her strict tone makes him uncomfortable, but she just can't help it right now.

"I'm sorry Miss Im, but unfortunately we only received your booking for one suite."

He moves the screen towards her so she's able to look over her secretary's reservation herself. Obviously, he's right – Nayeon would have believed him anyway, and yet she's not going to accept it without a fight.

"Well, I can see that. But like I said before, my assistant must have made a mistake here. I want two rooms. I am sure that you can make that possible, right?"

She sends him a sweet smile and ignores the way Chaeyoung shifts from one foot to the other beside her.

The hotel employee types away on his computer and Nayeon can feel the tension in her body grow by each passing second in which he doesn't confirm her wish.

When he looks up at her with a scared look in his eyes – she sights defeated.

"I'm afraid we are fully booked this weekend because of your conference, Miss Im." he explains painfully slow as his eyes dart from Nayeon to Chaeyoung who's still just standing there – not having said a word yet. He studies her for a moment – his gaze catching on her barely existing neckline.

Nayeon frowns, because his behavior was by no means professional and she condemned him for that.

His attention snaps back to the Im heiress when she clears her throat audibly, the grim look on her face almost making him gasp.

He bows to her – as a kind of apology, which Nayeon silently declines with a disapproving shake of her head. She can hear Chaeyoung trying to stifle a laugh then and it makes the receptionist blush in discomfort – leaving Nayeon with a rather triumphantly feeling in her chest.

It somewhat irritates her - but she has always had a weakness for making men look stupid, so she classifies it as such.

"So there is really no way to adjust the booking?" she asks one last time – somehow still hoping for a miracle.

"I am very sorry, Miss Im. We will inform you immediately if there are any changes or cancellations."

She gives him a pointed look, silently letting him know that she considers that to be taken for granted before snatching the keycard from his hands.

She makes a mental note to have a serious conversation with Jihyo about the sloppy execution of her orders – even though something tells Nayeon that this wasn't an accident.

Out of the blue, a concierge appears next to them with an overly friendly face. He pushes Nayeon's huge suitcase in front of him and has Chaeyoung's duffel bag swung over his shoulder.

"I'll show you ladies to your room. Would you follow me please?"

Nayeon nods and gestures for Chaeyoung to start moving – the younger girl implementing the silent command immediately, skipping after the staff member overly cheerful and Nayeon can't help but roll her eyes. An absolutely inappropriate 5-star hotel-guest behavior. Not that it surprised her though.

It's only when they're already a few steps away that Nayeon glances back over her shoulder to find their receptionist looking after them – or rather after Chaeyoung's backside.

He doesn't realize that he's been caught doing so, but his lustful eyes almost make Nayeon run back to the front desk and punch him in the face. She was disgusted by the way he behaved – and in a noble place like this above all. Didn't hotel clerks get any manners training these days anymore?