(CH.20) losing

Nayeon's out of the hotel-suite long before Sehun wakes up – leaving no traces of her ever having been there whatsoever.

She feels like she's in one of those stupid American chick-flicks where the main character has to do a walk of shame the morning after – even though she doesn't have to.

But with her being clothed in the same dress as the night before and her heels in her hands instead of on her feet, she's not surprised to find the lift boy looking at her rather funny for a second before he's finally decent enough to advert his eyes to the floor – where Nayeon's heart is too. On the ground. Trampled and in pieces.

She hadn't even known that she could feel so many emotions at once, but as of last night, she had been taught better by her own heart.

If emotions were a palette of colors, then what Nayeon had felt was an entire fucking rainbow.

It had started off with confusion that turned into anger pretty quickly and then, after a rather short thinking-process turned into sadness and despair – and finally complete disillusionment.

And maybe a little guilt.

And even though she thinks that she has overcome her initial sadness, it stings her heart all the same when she enters her suite and she's met with deafening silence.

There is no trace of Chaeyoung, nor any evidence that she had ever been here – with her luggage gone as well and all.

The bed is made, and it doesn't look like anyone slept in it tonight, which only leads Nayeon to believe that the shorter girl must've slept somewhere else and even though it's a tad hypocritical of her, given her own circumstances, it tightens her chest as if she was wearing a corset.

She tries her best not to let her thoughts sneak back to that hell they've been all night long and busies herself with her new mantra: you're okay. you're fine. just breathe.

It's a new record – how fast she packs up all of her stuff and rushes down to the reception. She's not really sure what the reason is, but she feels the urge to leave this place as fast as possible.

It holds way too many memories now – even though she's only been here for the better part of two days – but all Nayeon wants right now is to be home and crawl into her bed to never leave it again.

Unless it's for work – of course.

She catches the receptionist who is all too familiar to her and obviously her thoughts automatically wander to Chaeyoung.

Nayeon knows that she should probably text her or something – for all she knows the shorter girl needs her to get back home to Seoul and no matter how mad or hurt Nayeon is, she could never just leave her stranded here.

On the other hand, though – Chaeyoung hadn't tried to call or text her either, so the Im heiress was torn between keeping her end of the bargain and being a decent human being or following her own and advice to not give a shit anymore.

The young Korean woman is spared a decision though, because she spots Chaeyoung sitting in the entrance hall just as she is handing the key card to the hotel employee.

Nayeon feels her hands getting sweaty the seconds her eyes land on Chaeyoung's fingers tapping impatiently on the armrest of the armchair she's sitting in.

It's the first thing the Im heiress recognizes.

The second thing being that the other girl's alone. Somi doesn't seem to be there and Nayeon's not sure if that makes her more or less anxious.

It's more – she realizes once she takes a seat in the armchair across from Chaeyoung.

The younger girls' eyes grow ten times bigger, and her fingernails dig deep into the material of the furniture she's currently sitting on.