Practice

G: "You are great! You are so talented!"
"Thank you.." I said as I blushed.
It was a Monday night, I knew I should be getting home soon.
D: "If you're leaving, can you give me a ride home please?"
"That's fine!" I said as I grabbed my guitar.
Me and Dustin walked out and got into my car.
"So you and Eddie seem like really good friends."
D: "He is my best friend! Him and Gareth are in a band together along with Jeff and Grant."
"Really? They didn't mention that!"
D: "They're really good. Maybe tomorrow you can bring it up?"
We talked a little more before getting to his house. I watched to make sure he got inside, and drove home. Once I pulled in I noticed my dad still wasn't home. It was only 8:30pm, so I wasn't too worried.
Sure enough about 20 minutes later he walked in the door. I was at the table filling out all of my "get to know me" activities for class.
Z: "Dinner went really well, I enjoyed meeting the parents. Do you know a Dustin?"
"I do. I actually drove him home tonight."
I told my dad a little about the people I met. He seemed happy that I was making friends.

*THE NEXT DAY*
All of my first four classes were filled with our "get to know me" activities. I was excited for lunch to roll around.
Once it was time for lunch, when I got in line Gareth was ahead of me. We chatted while in line, which made the time go fast. I just truly felt like I clicked with him. I sat down and started eating, when I saw Chrissy come running up to me.
C: "Hey, Y/N! Are you interested in any sports? Maybe cheering?"
Before I could say anything a basketball jockey came up behind her. The name on his jacket said Jason.
J: "Look at her. She's pathetic and clearly overweight, she wouldn't be able to."
I looked down at the table and heard Gareth confront Jason.
G: "Why don't you do us all a favor and leave Jason."
J: "And if I don't?"
E: "I'll punch your pretty little face in." Eddie said as he stood up. Chrissy grabbed Jason and pulled him away.
"Thank you guys.." I said while just staring at my food. I lost all my appetite.
G: "Don't listen to him.. You look great."
E: "He's an asshole with nothing better to do. Don't let him talk about your body like that."
The lunch bell rang and I threw away my barely touched lunch. I started walking to 5th period when Gareth came running behind me.
G: "Are you free this weekend?"
"I'd assume I would be."
G: "Well.. if you are.. let's do something!" I couldn't believe Gareth asked me to hangout. It was like a dream come true. I knew we would hangout a little bit on Friday because of the D&D meeting.. but I wanted more alone time with him. Maybe see if we would make a good couple.

I drove home after school, and saw my dad getting ready for what I assumed would be his new job.

Z: "Hey dear.. I got moved to night shift. I know you don't like being here at night.. but maybe some of your friends can spend the night if their parents okay with it."

"Thanks dad.. I appreciate it."

I then realized how Eddie mentioned that his uncle worked nights, and his uncle was really laid back. I decided I should call Eddie and see if he would be able to stay the night.

"Hi, is Eddie there?" I said as the call was answered

E:"Well. That would be me. Is this Y/N?"

"Yeah.. Can you come over please?"

E: "Sure.. you okay?"

"I'm okay.. just need someone to talk to."

I gave Eddie my address and he drove over, and got here pretty quickly. I let Eddie inside and we sat on my couch.

E: "What's up, sweetheart?"

"Well. My dad started working nights instead of day shift which means I'll be here alone on weekdays. I hate being alone especially when it's dark out. I was wondering if maybe every week you could just stay here? I know you're uncle work nights too.."

E: "I could totally do that. Not sure you want the freak spending the night, people might think you're in a cult." He said as he chuckled.

Funny thing is my hometown also thought D&D was a cult.

"Yeah.. my hometown already thought that about me."

E: "You know, Gareth's parents are almost never home, and they are pretty laid back too. I'm sure Gareth could stay the night too."

My heart was exploding.

"That would be great. Maybe you guys can take turns, basically be divorced parents." I said as I chuckled. Then I realized I didn't have Gareth's number.

"Do you have Gareth's number?"

E: "I do. Wanna give him a call?"

I agreed and we called Gareth. Gareth was coming over, and I couldn't be more excited. I thought Eddie was attractive.. but Gareth. Gareth was something special.

Once Gareth arrived they actually helped me unpack the rest of our boxes. I haven't had a lot of time since i've been exploring the town, and had homework. The last area we unpacked was my room. I hadn't really decorated it yet, more or less put away the daily use stuff. They picked up the last box which had ALL of my D&D stuff and my band merch.

G: "Jesus, Y/N. You're like a D&D god. You have so much stuff!" Gareth yelled as he rummaged through it.

E: "And a good music taste." Eddie stated looking through some of the band merchandise I had.

"Listen, you can never have enough dice. Or campaigns you never played.."

I was never able to play the campaigns I created because none of my friends ever wanted to play mine. Always there's. I rarely even played because they would always move campaign nights and not tell me until last minute.

E: "You never played your own campaigns?"

I explained to them how my friends were.

G: "Well.. Our campaign is almost over. Do you want to play one of yours when it's done?"

"We don't have too. I think they are junk anyway."

E: "I think they look good." Eddie said after looking at a few of them.

I made the campaigns so they would only take about 4 months to complete. I didn't feel like making them last FOREVER.