Chapter 6

As the arena buzzed with the final buzzer, I swiftly tucked my notebook into my bag, its pages now alive with scribbles capturing the team's dynamic plays and triumphant scores. In a thrilling finale, it was Gio who clinched the last point, securing Baviera's well-deserved victory.

They formed a line, graciously exchanging handshakes with the opponents. I couldn't contain my excitement when the champion trophy came in their hands.

With an energetic burst, I shot up from my seat, applause resonating through the arena. Today's match was an undeniable highlight, and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything!

Zhef's eyes sparkled with recognition as he spotted me in the crowd. With an animated wave, he energetically yanked on Cal's shirt, pointing in my direction.

Cal, still catching his breath, turned to see what the commotion was about. I leaped up, beaming at him with all the enthusiasm I could muster. His response? Well, he simply turned around and strolled off to join the coach.

What a jerk!

Baviera - 25, Ferreira - 17

Baviera - 25, Ferreira - 19

Baviera - 25, Ferreira - 22

"Maghanda ka sa amin, nationals!" Zhef declared, tightening his fist. Kleo nodded beside him, his expression firm. "Kami ang magiging champions sa susunod!"

"A win today doesn't guarantee a win tomorrow!" Gio scolded the pair with a chuckling manner, ruffling up their hair in a playful yet authoritative gesture. "If we aspire to be champions, then we must be worthy enough to be one! Let's..."

"Push ourselves to our limits!" The team chanted in unison, their heavy breaths reflecting their shared determination.

Gio, standing at the center of the huddle, embodied the spirit of a true captain. His infectious energy radiated, and his leadership skills were on full display. He wasn't just a player; he was the heart and soul of Baviera.

"Good job today, Chi-chi! Your sets are always on point!" Gio praised, tapping Chi-chi's shoulders with a grin. Chi-chi acknowledged the compliment with a nod, a small smile playing on his lips. He moved seamlessly through the team, offering praise and encouragement. Turning to the twins, Gio commended, "Great blocking, you two! Keep it up!"

"Salamat, Capt!" Zhef and Skye responded, immediately launching into an argument about who had the firmer voice. Van intervened, firmly holding both of their heads before they could throttle each other.

"Cal, you were fantastic!" Gio shouted happily, his voice filled with genuine excitement. However, when he turned to praise Cal, he was met with silence. Gio's brows furrowed in confusion as he glanced around, puzzled, and wondered aloud, "Where did he go?"

"Nag-CR muna," Chi-chi replied before turning around. "Mauna na kayo. Ako na ang tatawag sa kaniya."

"I'll do it!" I chimed in, interrupting their conversation. A reassuring smile played on my lips as I continued, "You all worked hard today, so you deserve to rest!"

"Eli!" Kleo exclaimed with a hint of drama, mimicking wiping invisible tears from his eyes.

"Sana palagi ka na lang naming kasama tuwing game!" Zhef joined in, clutching his heart.

I bowed when I noticed Coach's gaze directed at my figure before setting off to search for Cal. As I started walking around, my eyes scanned for signs indicating the way to the boy's restroom.

The halls were alive with excited supporters discussing the match, and I instantly realized I might have underestimated the challenge of finding my way around.