02

"Japan Football Union"

"This should be the place." You said to yourself and you take another sip of coffee. "Chigiri-kun said he would be here before me, I can't believe he didn't wait for me." You say as you bite your lip.

You let out a sigh before entering the place, and as you did the coffee in your mouth went to your nose.

"What the heck?!" You thought looking around. The room was swarming with males, not a single female in sight, that's what made you even more nervous. "Ehhh, where's Chigiri-kun." You whine as you wipe the coffee off with a handkerchief but it still leaves a stain on your white sweater.

"I thought I recognized that voice." You hear a voice behind you.

You quickly turn around to see Chigiri. "Chigiri! Thank goodness! This places is swarming with guys, I'm so nervous!" You exclaim as you quickly tackle him in a hug.

He returned the hug while giving you a small smile. "I wonder why it's just guys, I'm sure there are some good girl strikers." Chigiri ponders as you pull away.

"I know right it's -" before you could finish a voice you hadn't heard before surrounded the room.

"Testing, test, test." The voice says. "Congratulations and welcome, diamonds in the rough." A light was shined on the stage, showing a tall lanky man with a black bowl cut. "You are the 300, 18 and under strikers who have been chosen according to my liking and biased decision making." He says. "And I am Jinpachi Ego." He introduces himself. "The man who was hired to ensure Japan's victory in the world cup." He resumes as you gasp softly.

People all around the room start to whisper as you scratch your hair nervously. "No way I'm that good." You whisper.

"He has to be kidding.", Chigiri whispers back.

"It's simple, really, in order to beat the rest of the world Japanese soccer requires one thing. And that is the birth of a revolutionary striker. I'll be performing a experiment to turn one of you 300 into the single best striker in the world." He says. "Here, at this facility." He points to the side of him and a screen lights up with the words Blue Lock. "Blue lock." He grins. "Starting today, you will live here together and undergo the specialized training I devised to transform you.

"You will be allowed to go home and your previous soccer careers will be a mere memory. But, I promise you this, if you fight hard enough, if you survive to be the last man standing out of the 300 candidates here, you will be the greatest striker in history." "That's all for now." He ends his speech as the once quite room gets filled with talking

"He can't be serious." Chigiri says as you jump up and down.

"I'm so excited! Wait.. but if you lose, or leave, won't your soccer career be over?" You say as you turn to Chigiri.

"I heard him say if you leave, it will be..so, maybe if you lose, it'll be game over too." He says as you frown.

"I'm so not excited anymore. I thought this just gonna be some fun challenge." You whine.

"Excuse me, I can't agree to these conditions, all of us have teams we've given our loyalty to and some of us have nationals coming up. You want me to abandon my team for what? To participate in some crazy program?!" He exclaims as you raise your hand.