20

"𝐋𝐄𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓!"

"What is this place?"

You look around at the walls which were covered in thick white paint with little creases here and there. Your ears perk up as you look to your left and see the wall open and a thing shoot a ball out, you quickly react and stop the ball with your foot. "What the heck?" You question as you play with the ball nervously under your foot. You look to your right to see a thing appear right before your eyes, surprising you and causing you to let out a slight screech. "Sorry! You—" you stop mid-sentence as you finally start to think logically. "Am I talking to a hologram?" You laugh. "Heh..and I'm talking to myself....silly Y/n!"

The hologram goes into a normal goalie position as words show up behind it which reads "Goal Zone" and "Blue lock man".

"Blue Lock man? Do they want me to score a goal? But how will a hologram even be able to touch a ball?" While you were thinking a red circle appears around you and starts to get smaller with every passing second. "Ah! I get it! This is penalty area situational training!" You smile to yourself, and at the last second, you kick the ball hard and maybe a bit too fast, seeing as the hologram could barely even react.

𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐋!!

You smile and say thank you to your imaginary fans. But something appears on the wall and you take the time to stop thanking your fans and read it. "1st stage...time: 89 : 39..To clear the stage: 100 goals." You read. "A lone battle that tests my ego in the penalty area...easy peasy!"

1𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄
𝐋𝐕. 2

More holograms appear from out of the ground and a ball makes its way towards you. "Understandable. It is a penalty area so that would mean more defenders." A smile never leaves your face as you move a bit and score a goal, easily once again.

"This isn't going to take long!"

You walk through the dark hallway which happened to have a purple tint. "Second stage, hmmm, could it possibly get easier?" You question as you begin to skip. The door opens automatically only to reveal an empty room as you tilt your head confusingly. "What is—" you stop as you realize there are more doors. "Ah! So I'll be playing with other people! I wonder how long it's going to take for everyone else to show up." You say and sit down criss-cross on the ground. "Might as well try to make the time go by quicker." You say and begin to take down your braids just to redo them again.

•••

"Why won't anyone form a team with me?!"

You internally scream as another guy rejects you. "Is it cause I don't seem strong?!" You panic as you sit back down on the ground. "Oh well. Someone will have to form a team with me otherwise the 2nd stage will not go on."

Another door opens as you shoot your head up and as you meet eyes with a certain someone you can feel the world around you brighten up. You instantly sit up and run over to the person.

"Y/n," Chigiri says with a small smile. "Good job on clearing the first stage."

"Thanks, you too! It was pretty easy!" You smile. You then look over at the screen and back to Chigiri. "We'll be a team, right?" You ask and Chigiri nods almost instantly.

"I'm hoping we'll get someone else from Team Z, but I guess we'll just have to wait." Chigiri says and you both sit down.

"Ah! I forgot! I'd like to tell you about something, but after the training since I'm sure you wouldn't be able to get the hang of it as quickly as I did." You smile and Chigiri nods.

•••

"Kunigami-kun!"

Kunigami turns his head as his eyes widen in surprise, not expecting to hear the familiar voice. "Y/n."

You smile as you walk over to him alongside Chigiri. "Nice job on finishing the first stage!" You say as you give him a high five.

"You guys are the only familiar faces I see." Kunigami replies as he looks around.

"I talked to the others, and it seems Isagi, Bachira, and Nagi formed a team and went on ahead." Chigiri responds as Kunigami's mood seems to change.

"So they left me behind, huh? That pisses me off."

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly."

"Oof. Someone would have been angered either way, considering it can only be a team of three." You think as you stare at the males.

"So, I have a proposal." Chigiri suddenly speaks.

"Y'know, I think I might be thinking the same thing." Kunigami replies.

"M-Me too!" You stutter. "I have no idea what they're thinking about!"

"Let's team up." You all say in sync.

"Phew! Close one!" You think, giving yourself a pat on the back.

•••

"The third stage is a situation battle of three-man teams in a mini-game format. Blue Lock Man will be the goalie for both teams, and the first team to score five goals win. And the winning team...will get to steal a player from the losing team to create a four-man team. As you progress through the stages you get more players. If you're able to make a team of five and get to the fifth stage, that team passes the second selection." Ego explains.

"And what happens to the losing players?" You ask.

"They go back down with their remaining members. If you lose the game of two-on-two, and you don't get picked by the winning team, you're disqualified. That's the full picture of the second selection where you steal your rivals: the Rivalry Battle. Oh and also, you're free to choose which team you want to battle, but both teams must agree to play a match."

"We have to make sure we never get split up! I'm sure it won't be a problem, considering we're all together but you never know." You say. "Let's try our very best!"

•••

I've decided I'll post new chapters every weekend, so I'll be making chapters over the weekend to post more on the weekend 😋 that was a lot of "weekend". Also, check the comments pls🥹

Nothing else to say, so bye-bye 😋