06

" 𝐖𝐄'𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓?"

♥︎

"𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
will involve the 55 of you in building 5. It's a kind of five-team round robin. Only the top two teams will move on to the second selection in this survival match." Ego explains as you try to contain yourself from jumping around.

"It's not like I'm excited or anything! I'm nervous! So nervous! Am I even that good?! What if I'm a burden to the team!" You think while frowning.

"So, the eleven of us on team Z will play as a proper team?" Chigiri questions as he turns to the rest and you turn with him.

"But.. aren't we all forwards?" You question nervously as you scratch your head.

"Why don't you be the goalie? You have the face of one." Asahi asks Lemon.

"Don't. I can't say no when people ask me to do something." Lemon says as you smile a bit.

"Heh, same."  You think with a small giggle.

"Then, I'll play center forward." Raichi points to himself.

"Huh? No, me." Kunigami says.

"No, I will." Gagamaru leans forward.

"Nu-uh! I will! Igaguri, you be defense!" Asahi points at Igaguri.

"Listen up." Everyone's attention is now on Ego. "Soccer was originally a sport all about scoring. You've been stupidly imprinted with the notions of positioning and tactics, but all those roles only evolved over time. Soccer initially started out with every player being a striker. So play soccer as it was originally." "Create soccer from zero with your brains." Ego says.

"From zero? With our brains..?" You whisper to yourself.

"Abandon what you've believed to be common sense until now. Shove new notions into your brain."