Chapter 1: The Meet and Greet

</3

"Load him up!"

"Careful of his hair; it's real fire."

"Watch his hands and lock him in."

The criminal could only smile as he watched the police foolishly cuff him to the metal bar above his head.

If he really wanted to, Mingi could shoot out a flame and burn everyone to a crisp. Sadly, he did not feel like going to jail any longer than he already had.

"Are you guys ever going to trust me?" Mingi sarcastically asked, pulling on his chains as the police truck started to move. "You will have to if you want me to save this damn city."

Mingi Song.

Life sentence for killing twelve men and severely injuring ten others.

Burning them so bad that they were unrecognizable.

Mingi would absolutely do it repeatedly if he had a choice.

Some woman in a fancy suit came to visit him, offering a deal he could refuse.

But he didn't.

If Mingi helped defeat the 'villain' that was terrorizing the city with frozen chaos, his sentence would be lifted, and he will be a free man.

The only reason why he was chosen was for his powers.

Well, his curse, as the Blessed call them.

His curse was practically fire.

Anything to do with fire, he had it.

Fire defeats ice.

And ice is the enemy.

"You are no hero, so quit trying to play it," a police officer snickered. "Once the city is saved, I may even acknowledge you more than a monster. You fucking Cursed."

Cursed.

It's what ordinary people, Blessed's, call those with powers who didn't help them.

Heroes.

That's what Blessed's call people with powers to help them and their pitiful lives.

Mingi glared at the officer before releasing a burst of maniac laughter that erupted through the icy air.

"I never said I was a hero. The lady in the fancy suit said I can become one," Mingi scoffed. "Something about second chances and a quote from Black Adam and Suicide Squad."

The officer only rolled his eyes before shifting in his seat, uncomfortable under Mingi's staring.

"Where are we even going?"

Silence.

"Yah, why keep me chained up if I am here to help?"