Chapter 21: Mask

Wooyoung leaned back in his chair, his lips curving into a mischievous grin as he scanned Mingi's figure. His gaze lingered on the telltale marks scattered across his chin and cheeks, "Ah," he remarked, his tone dripping with playful mockery, "Someone had a rather eventful evening."

San's hand shot out, clamping firmly over Wooyoung's mouth, his eyes shooting daggers. "Shut it," he hissed, his voice a low warning. "If he's caught, we're all in trouble."

Wooyoung mumbled something unintelligible beneath San's hand before swatting it away with a playful roll of his eyes. "Fine, fine," he relented, leaning forward, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. "But you might want to do something about those bruises. Yunho's not exactly blind, you know."

Mingi shrugged nonchalantly from across the table, his expression unbothered as he met Wooyoung's gaze. "I'll blame it on Jongho," he announced with a smirk, his eyes flicking briefly towards the youngest member of their group.

Jongho chuckled from his place by the kitchen counter, the clink of cereal against ceramic punctuating his amusement. "Blame it on me, huh?" he remarked, a playful glint in his eyes. "Well, someone's got to take the fall."

Mingi nodded, a grin spreading across his features as he playfully jabbed a finger toward Jongho. "You're the perfect scapegoat," he teased, his tone light and teasing.

Jongho shrugged, taking a spoonful of cereal as he settled beside Mingi. "Maybe I did," he admitted, his expression unreadable. "But you'll never know for sure."

Wooyoung leaned in closer, his elbows propped up on the table as he regarded Mingi with a knowing smirk. "Booty call, huh?" he quipped, a hint of amusement in his voice.

Mingi met his gaze, his expression unapologetic. "You heard right," he confirmed, his tone casual.

Wooyoung's grin faltered, replaced by a look of mock incredulity. "Cold," he declared, his tone laced with playful reproach.

Mingi chuckled, nodding in agreement. "You can say that again," he replied, his eyes dancing with mirth.

"Huh?"

San interjected with a sly grin, his gaze flicking between Wooyoung and Mingi. "Or is it...hot?" he suggested, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

Wooyoung shot him a withering glare, his hand coming up to gently cup San's cheek. "Don't encourage him," he admonished, his tone fond despite his words.

San merely grinned, leaning into Wooyoung's touch. "You love me," he teased, pressing a soft kiss to Wooyoung's palm.

Wooyoung rolled his eyes, though the corners of his lips twitched upwards. "Sure," he replied, his voice tinged with affection.

Jongho cleared his throat, a look of mild disgust crossing his features. "As amusing as this is, could I please eat my breakfast without the mental images?" he requested, his tone dry.

Wooyoung shot him a playful smirk, flipping him off with a wink. "Cock blocker," he teased, his tone light.

Jongho raised an eyebrow, his expression unimpressed. "I'll take that as a compliment," he retorted, returning to his cereal. "Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to enjoy my meal peacefully."

Wooyoung opened his mouth to reply, but San cut him off with a pointed glare. "Enough," he admonished, his tone firm. "Let him eat, okay?"

Wooyoung huffed, shooting San a mock glare before reaching for his own breakfast. The playful banter was momentarily forgotten as they settled into a comfortable silence, the only sounds being the clink of spoons against bowls and the soft rustle of clothing.