25} We're Healing

You would expect a millionaire to have the most authentic foods, fanciest decor, and everything else for a party.

Ha, not Louis.

He set it up just like any other get-together - just threw some food together, turned on the TV, and cleaned around here and there. Not that I was complaining, but it's just something that happened to be in mind.

Speaking of which, my mind is still exploding from all the news I've received today. Not once after Eleanor left did I stop thinking about it, but I wish I could. But something like this can't be ignored, no matter how hard you tried.

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

When did my life become a soap opera?

"Jessica," someone says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I jerk my head to the right, facing Skylar, "Um, yea? What's up?"

She slightly laughs, "Your thinking too hard about it again, huh?"

I sigh, was it that easy to tell? Obviously she was talking about the Louis drama and stuff.

"How can I not," I reply.

"Just don't. Just enjoy tonight and try to let it all go." She says soothingly.

"Easy for you to say. We're in his fucking house, Skylar,"

"You'll get out of this one day, Jess. Don't worry." She says and walks away.

I sigh to myself and stare at my feet. I'm sure I will get out of this one day - but right now, I feel like crumbling down to earth.

Why am I here again?

I drown my sorrows in a bowl of chips and grapes, which food is probably the only thing keeping me going. Because, yet again, I am the loner of the party - standing by myself in the corner with two obnoxious crutches beside me and a broken ankle.

Oh god, I hope nobody notices me.

"Hey, Jessica." a voice that I used to know says next me.

I grab my hand out of the bowl of grapes and slightly turn my head to face Liam.

Inside, I was happy to see one of the dorky faces that I used to always hang out with again. But then again, something... something in the back of my head is telling me not to trust him again, either.

"Hey, Liam." I say halfheartedly.

Liam shifts his weight a bit awkwardly, and I would've done that too if I weren't in crutches. It's obvious that there's tension between me and the boys, we just decide not to talk about it.

"So, how've you been? What happened?" Liam points to my ankle.

"Um, I sort of ran into something and fell on my ankle, like, really hard."

"Oh. Well, I hope you feel better."

"Thanks."

We stand together in silence for a while, neither one of us not knowing what to talk about.

I finally speak up, "So, how've you and the boys been?"

"Good, pretty good." He answers immediately, "Nothing hasn't changed, really. The tour is almost over, we're just on a break now."

"Oh," I reply awkwardly, "That's great. Um, how was the tour?"

I hate how I'm forced have small talk with Liam. We used to talk about anything, but now with everything that's happened, it isn't the easiest thing to do.