21} Little By Little

.

Louis

She left. She left again.

I don't cry that often, but once I felt my own tears drop onto my arms, I know that I'm broken. It sucks to know that you hurt the ones you love the most.

I turn my head to the other fellow that sniffling beside me. His head is face towards the ground, trying to cover the fact that he's crying himself.

"Niall," I say.

He looks up with glossy eyes, "Yea?"

I chuckle, "Why are you cryin' mate?"

He thinks for a moment and lays back on the couch, "I...I don't know," he admits, "I guess it's just the fact that I saw you two crying, I started to cry."

I chuckle even more - even with the situation I'm in, Nialler can always make a laugh out of it. He doesn't even know what's going on, yet he cares about it just the same.

"Come on, lad," I say standing up,"let's get outta here, its not normal for two grown men to cry like this in public."

We walk together back to my car but make no conversation. I just stare at the ground and look straight forward as I start to drive. My mind is wandering everywhere, I just don't know how things ended up this way.

The slightest thought of Jessica made my heart break because of all the damage I've done to her. I regret it so much. I miss her so much.

Soon, I pull up to our flat and park the car. I don't even try to get out of the car because I feel so... weak. With Jessica in the back of my mind, it seems like I can't get anything done. I sigh and place my head on the driver's wheel in defeat.

"You okay?" Niall asks.

"Not really," I mumble.

He sighs, "Is this about Jessica?"

I slightly nod my head, "Sorta."

"I really don't know what to say, lad. I don't know what or how it feels, but it must be pretty tough."

"Thanks for cheering me up....?" I reply sarcastically.

Niall faintly laughs, "I'm not finished - it must be pretty tough but I have faith that you can fix it."

Now I laugh, "Hope that's true."

"It is true - I've seen the way you and Jessica are together, and I know that she really loves you too. But you kinda made her unsure about all her feelings towards you, so she's questioning everything that has to do with you."

I pick my head up and give him a look, "H-How do I fix that?"

He grins, as if he was waiting for me to ask that, "Well, first off, you've been doing it all wrong. I know you're trying to find her, show her how much she means to you, and ask her for her forgiveness - but the way she sees it is that your just following her around, expecting a forgiveness like that, and that your telling lies all over again."

I process everything he's saying, "Really?"

"I'm pretty sure. But the way you should do it is slow and steady. She's going through a difficult time, so you need to give her space. Maybe instead of walking up to her and completely spill all your feelings out, ask her mum if you could help her out since she hurt her ankle or something. Do it little by little."

I think about it, "Huh, that's actually a great idea! Good job, Ni. Since when were you a love expert?"

He blushes, "I learned all of my knowledge from watchin' television."