61. Knighting

'That's what death is, isn't it? forgetting... Forgotten... If we forget who we are where we come from we are not men anymore.' Sam told them 'just animals. your memories don't come from books, your stories are not just stories...'

'we gotta take out the night king.'

' he can find me.' bran said. 'His mark is always on me,' Bran said showing them the burns on his arms from when he was grabbed in a vision.

"Wow, does that hurt?" Tumi questioned poking at it.

"Caro, maybe this isnt the place for children." Jon pondered. 

"She wanted to ride on Brans lap. Who am I to say no?" Caro countered. Jon gave her a pointed look. "Tumi, can you find Tyanna and Rickon? I will find you after and read you a story."

"Okaaayy." Tumi drawled out as she jumped down. 

"Great, now that that's settled." Caro remarked as the door closed. 

'We will put you in the crypt where it's safest.' Jon told Bran

'No we have to draw him out or his army kills us all. I will wait for him in the woods for him.' Bran told them.

'You want to use youself as a bait?' Sansa asked

'We're not leaving you alone out there.' Arya told him

'I'll stay with him,' theon said 'with the iron born. I took this castle from you once, let me defend you now.' Caro stared back at them confused. 

'We will hold off the rest of them for the rest as we can' Davos agreed. 

"Crypts?" Caro countered. 

"It's secure." 

"It's stupid. No." Caro corrected. "Using your handsome self as bait is even stupider." 

'Ser Davos and I will be on the top to give you the signal went to light the trench' tyrion told them.

'Ser Davos is perfectly capable of waving a torch on his own, you will be in the crypt.' Caro informed Tyrion

'Mother dearest, I am flattered you care for my safety." Tyrion remarked bringing a hand to his heart as he looked at her.  "But I have fought before I can do it again, along with the men and women risking their lives.' Tyrion reminded her. But Caro hummed her amusement. 

"Didnt you get face chopped in half in the last battle?" Caro countered slashing a finger across her own face.

"Carolina-" Tyrion tried again.

'She is right." Dany corrected. "There are thousands of them and only one of you. You cannot fight as well as they can, but you can think better than any of them... you're here because of your mind if you survive, if we survive I will need it.' Daenerys told him.

"I'm right about a lot of things." Caro agreed. "Tyrion preservation is one of them." Tyrion choked out a laugh. "You might be the only son I like. You know my dislike for your elder siblings." 

"Thank you for that." 

"I said might." Caro clarified. 

"'The dragon should give us an edge in the field' Davos went on

'If they are in the field they are not protecting Bran, we need to be near him not so near the night King won't come.' Jon said

'Has anyone ever tried to kill him?' Caro questioned. 

'No one has ever tried' Bran told them

'We are all going to die!' Tormund said 'but at least we died together,' he winked at Caro.