17. Heart Broke

As they rowed back Caro got mroe and more anxious. She didnt want to leave Jon. How could she leave him? Why did she leave him? Tyanna stared back at Caro as Tumi sat in Caro's lap. What happened when they got to castle black and Thorne was an ass and didnt let them in? What then? Caro bashed his head in, that sounded like a good option.  

"Wheres your mother?" Caro questioned gently as they rowed back.

"We never had a mother." Tumi answered.

"You never had a mother?" Caros heart broke. Tumi shrugged leaning into her.  

 "We all look out for each other." Tyanna remarked. 

"You know our dad." Tumi added. 

"Yeah, I know your dad." Caro agreed. 

"How?"

"I was down south for a long while and when I got home... it wasnt... I went north, more north." Caro offered awkwardly. 

"To the wall." Tyanna remarked. 

"Yeah. My nephew is the commander of the nights watch. I'm very proud of him." Caro added. "And your dad was there, he was my first friend in a long time." 

"He likes you." Tumi corrected. "I can tell." 

"How can you tell?" Caro countered. 

"Because before we left he told me. I like Caro." Tumi remarked smiling back at her.  

"I like him." Caro agreed. "I'm going to keep you safe. I promise." 

"WHere do you live?" Tyanna questioned and it was nice to get her mind off of Jon and Tormund and the war they were facing with the walkers. THe uncertainty of the moment made certain with their little smiles. 

"I was born at Winterfell." Caro remarked. 

"Were you married?" 

"I was... twice." Caro agreed. 

"What happened?" Tyanna questioned. 

"I loved my first husband. THe second was a union I didnt ask for and they are both gone." Caro offered vaguely. 

"Do you have kids?"

"No." Caro answered as she saw the shores getting closer and closer of castle black. 

"Why not?" Tumi questioned. 

"I want kids but... wasnt in the cards for me." Caro offered as she stood up. "Sit tight." 

"What are you going to do?" Tyanna questioned. 

"Alright, I know you dont know me." Caro shouted as she got off the boat. "But Tormund does and I'm going to get you safe." Caro looked to Tumi and Tyanna before she marched forward. 

"They are back." Thorne sneered. 

"What do you want to do Sir?" 

"OPEN THE FUCK UP!" Caro demanded. "AS ACTING COMMANDER-"

"You are not commander!" Thorne shouted. 

"JON SAID I AM." Caro corrected. "AND IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO RIP YOUR HEAD OFF OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR.'

+

"Where's my father? I want to see my father." Shireen begged as she was dragged forward.

"It will all be over soon, Princess." The red woman assured calmly but Shireens gaze went to the alter, they were going to kill her.

"No." Shireen cried out. "Where's my father? No, you can't do this. Father, where are you? Please, let me see my father." Shrieen begged and begged out but no one was listening they all stood around as she was secured to her post.